The paranormal.

by Lost in the fog 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

Nathan, I'm not talking about illusionists here. I'm talking about a few legitimate experiences I had that, alas, are irreproducible.

No sleight of hand, no mental disease.

I was a staunch atheist before. Seeing and experiencing convinced me otherwise. It wasn't a laboratory experiment, but then it didn't need to be.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What if in the evolutionary development of the mind/brain of humans they developed what we would call psychic powers?

I would tend to think they would show up more in our young who haven't been that conditioned by society, and gradually taper off as they age.

I think that is why shamanism has been around for 10s of thousands of years though out our species. All due to the powers of the mind to heal or to cause harm.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Knowsnothing1:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You can believe whatever you want but you shouldn't feel slighted if others think you are in error. Someday you may understand why.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shamanism has been around for 10s of thousands of years because even ignorant minds want to have an answer to "Why?" so they tell themselves a story.

• caves
    caves

Nathan is afraid of the boogy man. Thats why he gets all up in arms. LOL

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

<in the night>

• stillin
    stillin

You really can't say one way or the other. In an infinite universe, anything is possible. Hell, there may even be a spirit named Jehovah out there.

• unsure
    unsure

Not too long ago, I had a door that is always shut, seemingly open on it's own. I never observed it actually open but it was always closed and something was opening it when people were not around. I was open minded about the possibility of it being a paranormal experience but decided to first try to pursue logical explanation. In the end I debunked this seemingly paranormal experience. There was nothing paranormal about it. It had a perfectly natural explanation.

I guess humans can sometimes be too quick to attribute perfectly natural occurrences to the supernatural.

I would imagine there are unexplained phenomenon in the world but I've never experienced anything that I could attribute to the supernatural.

I still however find the topic and possibility fascinating.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Remember all human experience, every event, every situation, everything seen heard smelled or felt is mediated through our infinitely complex electro-physiological human brain

---and we have a great capacity for imagination and self delusion.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Describe for me, if you will, how beings in the metaphysical world evolved.

Are they the ghosts of amoebas?

I'll wait...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit