The paranormal.

by Lost in the fog 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• knowsnothing1
    knowsnothing1

Nathan, I'm not talking about illusionists here. I'm talking about a few legitimate experiences I had that, alas, are irreproducible.

No sleight of hand, no mental disease.

I was a staunch atheist before. Seeing and experiencing convinced me otherwise. It wasn't a laboratory experiment, but then it didn't need to be.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

What if in the evolutionary development of the mind/brain of humans they developed what we would call psychic powers?

I would tend to think they would show up more in our young who haven't been that conditioned by society, and gradually taper off as they age.

I think that is why shamanism has been around for 10s of thousands of years though out our species. All due to the powers of the mind to heal or to cause harm.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Knowsnothing1:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. You can believe whatever you want but you shouldn't feel slighted if others think you are in error. Someday you may understand why.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Shamanism has been around for 10s of thousands of years because even ignorant minds want to have an answer to "Why?" so they tell themselves a story.

• caves
    caves

Nathan is afraid of the boogy man. Thats why he gets all up in arms. LOL

• unsure
    unsure

Bump

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

<in the night>

• stillin
    stillin

You really can't say one way or the other. In an infinite universe, anything is possible. Hell, there may even be a spirit named Jehovah out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit