What's The First "Worldly" Thing You Did When You Exited The Cult?

by pale.emperor 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

Read Harry Potter. Voted. Celebrated my daughter's birthday at Disneyworld.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We went to a bonfire night fireworks display. Such beautiful fireworks. First one I'd ever been to.

Then we waited a year before we celebrated Christmas. Had a real tree delivered, it smelled so good and we put coloured lights on and bought really cheap decorations.We cooked an Xmas dinner and drank a lot of wine. Simple pleasures, how could a religion condemn these things.

We gave each other second hand books and chocolate, it was so much fun. Our new kitten chased the wrapping paper and ribbon until she fell asleep under a pile of paper. It took us a while to find her. Happy memories.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

First worldly thing I did when I exited ... I played the Euromillions lottery :) There was a huge jackpot that week. I figured that If i win, then my decision had Yahweh's blessing :P

• eewx2
    eewx2

I did many, many things. I went a bit crazy. But about 9 months before we left the org, I went to my grandmother's funeral in a -GASP- church. Then on Xmas eve which was about 2 weeks before we formally disassociated we smoked weed. And I cooked a big ham dinner on Xmas. All we needed was a tree and presents!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

farted

out loud.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lets be honest folks, how did you really feel when you celebrated Xmas for the first time, walked into a church, celebrated your birthday, or Halloween. Come on, didn't you think the demons would bite you in the ass.. I broke out in a cold sweat when I entered the Church...

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

James, I was constantly looking over my shoulder. When we celebrated Christmas the first time, I put the tree in an odd corner of an odd room that no one could see from outside the house. When I went to church, I parked where no one could see and recognize the car. Halloween, I figured we were safe since any witnesses were hiding in their basements :).

Now, instead of being scared that someone will see us, I'm like 'look, you see this Christmas wrap in my cart? See these ornaments? Aren't they pretty? I can do this, and you can't!'

• Syme
    Syme

First thing I did was vote for a political party in elections.

Second, smoke.

Third, sex.

Fourth, going on a demonstration and participating in a strike.

Fifth, smoke. Not like the first one, if you know what I mean. That happened only for the experience, and never did it again.

As for reading heretical stuff, be it evolution, apostates, philosophy etc., all those were read before exiting. First moves the spirit, then the flesh.

• phats
    phats

First thing I did was go out & by a big bag of weed. It took me a week of non stop smoking to get through it.

Still coughing after 10 years hah! & just stopped eating.

Phats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit