What's The First "Worldly" Thing You Did When You Exited The Cult?

by pale.emperor 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Celebrate Christmas.
  • La Capra
    La Capra

Bought and wore a bikini on family trip to Hawaii (actually, that was just before the exit, but I had already decided that I was out, and didn't want to waste the opportunity)

Registered to Vote

Dressed up for Halloween and went to a dorm house party at Cal

Bought Christmas presents for my friends and non-witness family

Went to see what other religions were up to (the full gamut-buddhism to Judaism)

Watched all the funny sitcoms that I had been missing on meeting nights

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Herelgo

I slept in my first weekend in the world. Does that count?

Ah, the simple pleasures.

• Chook
    Chook

Brought a lottery ticket, sang happy birthday. Hell even sleeping in Saturday's is wordly. Joined a forum with people who have similar family dilemmas and are finding mental adjustments difficult . I find myself at home with the damaged sheep of this forum. It was even a sin to some to say good luck. My worldly list is quite extensive but my age gives me wisdom as to put less in print.

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

I watched, 'Braveheart'... an "R" rated movie... such a horrible sinner... much worse than the child sexual abuse they cover up... i'm sure I'll burn in hell. lmao

• baker
    baker

posted birthday pictures on fb showing it is a lot of fun!

• closed
    closed

I am still in because of family. I have read CoC, Hawkins and Dowkins, and many blasphemous Watchtower books from beginning of XX century. I turned down an offer to be appointed elder although I do things for people in my cong.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

nothing out of the ordinary I was a fully active double lifer , I visited a working girl in the weeks leading to my baptism and dabbled in prostitution during the all the time I was active and married I'm ashamed to say.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I started to use my brain and logical thinking abilities.....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got a computer and went online, at a time when you could almost get disfellowshipped for doing so. Then I found apostate web sites, started worshiping the sun, got sun-worship music, and found it wasn't all so horrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit