Not invited to congregation “get togethers”. They finally said it

by solomon 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

More than 2 decades ago while attending a circuit assembly as they were still called then, the doofus Elder delivering the part, bragged that he and his family ONLY associate with others that are stronger "In The Truth" than they are.

He was promoting that as the attitude all JWs should have.

I commented to my SO, that Elder should be relieved everyone does not have that attitude as the people he associates with, wouldn't associate with he and his family.

One benefit to being treated as an outsider or unworthy, with no close friends, it makes it easier to leave when realizing it is all BS.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INCOGNITO:

Yes, you are right that being treated as ‘unworthy’ 🙄 made it much easier to leave.

My ‘Fade’ was relatively easy because I was on the fringes of the congregation. I had a decent job and was looked down upon because I refused to quit it.. I was resented as an independent woman..These affluent older busybodies tried to get ME to pursue poverty working part-time housecleaning and being in the full-time ministry. Thankfully, I didn’t buy this nonsense and am Retired.

What possible benefit would it be today if somebody foolishly caved into pressure to pioneer all those years ago..just so that they would be invited and people would ‘like’ them??..Answer? No benefit whatsoever. I’m glad I stuck to my guns back then!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Yes I could of perhaps tolerated the lies and false doctrines. But it was when I found that I was been excluded. It made the process of searching for another community, that was more accepting, so much easier. In a way I’m great full for the culture that exists in Wt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit