Not invited to congregation “get togethers”. They finally said it

by solomon 72 Replies latest jw friends

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I would have loved to say to that self righteous person, huh...and to think Jesus ate with prostitutes and tax collectors...

• solomon
    solomon

Family and money is involved. It’s complicated. That’s why we don’t leave the cult.

• Acerbitous
    Acerbitous

You can have your own social functions- just serve plenty of KFC and JWs will come-

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a common occurrence within every JW congregation that everyone is measured to their spirituality as in weak , moderate, strong (Pioneers), from that perceived identity social groups develop, elders and their wives may associate with other elders etc.

Those who self identify themselves as spiritually strong do and will denigrate others who are not, a kind of way of separating individuals out more or less.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

This kind of shit can only further alienate the "spiritually weak".

I been saying it for years...

...on some level, they don't want "lukewarm" folks around.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

My advise would be “don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"on some level, they don't want "lukewarm" folks around.

So true vidiot!

Remember the word WT uses, "exemplary." If you are not "exemplary", they won't invite you to their reindeer games. My response, "you can shove your reindeer games where the sun don't shine."

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Quite frankly, I've been to at least 10 congregations and none of them would have done that, unless that person was marked. not being often enough in service is not being marked.

Just being a JW is difficult, being in that congregation must be the worst!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember, you broke from the herd by making it a practice to miss the meetings. Worse yet, you've shown it has NOT lead to unhappiness. These people are miserable and love others in like misery. Why bring you around when your life is an example of the opposite of theirs? They fear what they cannot control.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I really think they are trying to keep the faithfully brainwashed away from anyone who doesn't seem totally "in". This is what I've seen in the last year or two.

But as a "born-in"(almost) I've also observed a bigger pattern over the years. Policy on the matter of underperforming publishers has flip-flopped back and forth, sometimes policy is to invite the "weak" (ugh) ones to everything to encourage them, then next you hear "weak" ones are off the radar. Off with their heads! We don't want them!

If anyone back in NY has any sense whatsoever, they realize that given it is 45 years past 1975, inevitably most inactive publishers are actually people who've figured out that it's just a scam. They just don't make a clean break because of family. They obviously haven't figured out what to do about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit