Not invited to congregation “get togethers”. They finally said it

by solomon 72 Replies latest jw friends

• solomon
    solomon

We don’t get many invitations to congregational social gatherings.

We don’t attend midweek meetings and miss about 1/3 of Sunday meetings. We go in service at least once a month.

Just not ready to quit yet for family reasons.

Yesterday in service my better half found out about a gathering we weren’t invited to. One of the sisters in the car group told her we aren’t invited to congregation functions because we don’t go to midweek meetings and don’t go in service enough.

This has been an unwritten rule forever but I am surprised someone finally said it.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Showing their true colors, such a loving organization, NOT!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes, if you don't follow all the WT/JW rules and tick all the boxes, you are not invited to their little events. At least she actually said it out loud. I would tell that what you said right there is why I no longer attend and why I no longer want to be a part of "Jah's loving organization." And they wonder why there Kingdom Halls are emptying and they are selling them off.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Very typical. You are only in if you give all for the team unless you have a special priviledge such as being close family og a powerful elder. Herd tactics. Giving the icy treatment through shunning. I have heard numerous elder wifes discus the tactics

• stillin
    stillin

If you aren't going to be spiritually strong, we're not going to encourage you

• cha ching
    cha ching

Blackmail at it's finest.

• solomon
    solomon

We have decent social circles outside the borg so it is all good. I think they are afraid people like us will corrupt the faithful. That is why they don’t want our kind(critical thinkers) to associate on a personal level with the indoctrinated.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

The cult has never cared about people only about the preservation of the cult itself. The whole thing about religion is supposed to be about people and it rarely if ever is. Its about the church cult or the pastor like that skank fraud Olestein types.

• Steel
    Steel

I know I am a hopeless loner but a swear I can’t understand the social aspect of this religion. Once you have children, own a house and have a career , who has the time.

I built a house with my retired father in evenings and weekends while I worked full time and we were done in 6 months. I didn’t drywall, plumb, wire or concrete but everything else.

There was an elder on the same street doing the same thing as me and he took three years . His house looked like a frat house with all the people coming and going. He is 60 years old. Stupid.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

Ok so why do you go?
    What do you need to know before you stop attending the cult altogether?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit