JW.org coronavirus response - The Four Horsemen

by Badfish 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Annon
    Annon

Every time I read about a nasty virus,bacterium, parasite, etc that is considered to be part of some biblical sign I ask myself how does a JW answer this simple question - Was it designed or did it evolve?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

See a lot of messages on social about UN taking over.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My uber-dub sister sent me an email about the U.N coming for religion and it had the words "peace and security" in it. She was absolutely giddy about, "this is it. You better get back to the organization."

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@ Annon: Great question. If it was designed, WHO designed it, and why?

• Badfish
    Badfish
    Yeah, I noticed that too. My uber-dub sister sent me an email about the U.N coming for religion and it had the words "peace and security" in it. She was absolutely giddy about, "this is it. You better get back to the organization."

I got a text message from a relative yesterday with a link to this news article:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-summit-britain-idUSKBN21017S

The text message said “Look! Bible prophecy being fulfilled! Better get ready! If you want to get together and have a bible study, let me know!”

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    She was absolutely giddy about, "this is it. You better get back to the organization."

It's hard to resist asking them what they'll have to say about all of this, in a year from now.

After the hype of the International assembly in 2014 I remember my Brother making a post about how "we are living in MOMENTOUS times brothers and sisters"

Momentous (a real JW buzzword if ever there was one) : Of great importance or significance, especially in its bearing on the future.

I reminded him of that 6 year old post when he began talking about this current situation as being a sign of the end and asked him what he's going to think in another 6 years when he looks back on the year 2020.

***que the crickets***

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

my dear old mum would have loved all this. she blended in a dose of old wives tales and witchcraft and it really sounded good. she died 23 years ago.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

THE 4 HORSEMAN---------

They have been galloping for as long as I can remember and I'm 73. That's a lot of horse shit along the trail!

just saying!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

eyes 2bad ,i think the WT/JW religion has been dishing out a lot more shit in their 120 years than the 4 horseman ever did these past 2000 + years .

• Simon
    Simon

There will be a lot of scared people, and nothing boosts religious belief like a sprinkling of stress and fear.

They no doubt see it as an opportunity to get a new batch of people in.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

That's a lot of horse shit along the trail!

eyeuse2 ...

That's why they had the fifth something following them to clean up the shit. It smelled like death or something.

Rub a dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit