Caption This Photo From The January Study Edition

by JW_Rogue 41 Replies latest social humour

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

So as some are probably aware the January Study edition has two articles on the anointed. One basically discouraging people from believing they are anointed and another about how ones should view partakers. This photo is from the second article:

Caption: "I didn't know Bob was a secret apostate who believes all Christians should partake as Jesus commanded."

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

He's coming up with responses to trolls on JWN...

Its the standard witness illustration "million mile stare".

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

It's a paradox, that what Jehovah's Witnesses have created for themselves.

They boast about growing numbers among their baptized, yet the 15,000 or so partakers are what? Mentally unstable? Lying? Mislead? Misleading?

"Come join our religion! It's the truth, even though we have some 15,000 or so people in our midst who are either mentally unstable, lying or misleading others and probably themselves!"

Who wants to join a religion where they admit to having thousands of questionable members on record?

Would you let you or your family or your children associate in a group with thousands of mentally unstable ones?

And the number of these mentally unstable persons is growing!

Yeah, that's the way the true religion is supposed to look. For sure!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Caption: "What restaurant are we going to go to after this boring talk?"
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    "I am so glad someone pointed out I was delusional thinking I was going to heaven. Do hope Armageddon comes soon so I can hug a panda."
  • Alive!
    Alive!

I really dislike the photos and illustrations contained in the publications showing brothers and sisters in certain settings.

Every posed stance, facial expression etc is to 'teach' an idea - to infer something, to shape the mind and so often, it has a sharp ring of judgement about it. No doubt a question will be asked at the study concerning this photo - probably on the lines that one shouldn't judge who is or isn't a partaker ( I haven't read the article, sorry) and all this after planting the reasoning that a number of partakers are mentally unstable. Nice. What a mental prison. The more I observe and think - the more I see how thoroughly manipulative the org is.....how horrible for those who feel they must partake to have these unpleasant words read out aloud and commented on - especially if in fact they are mentally unstable....ugh, I don't know - what a mess.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Damn it, this corn cob up my ass just isnt big enough to distract me from this the most boring of meetings....
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................................................................*We Were Warned*

..............................................................*Obviously He`s Crazy*

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Every posed stance, facial expression etc is to 'teach' an idea - to infer something, to shape the mind and so often, it has a sharp ring of judgement about it. No doubt a question will be asked at the study concerning this photo - probably on the lines that one shouldn't judge who is or isn't a partaker

Yes, that is what the real caption was about. It ridiculous that in one article they try to discourage people from partaking and in the next article they say "respect those who partake". Complete contradictions! However, his facial expression leaves it open to so many interpretations that it's actually pretty funny.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Caption: "I wonder if I can get some of that wine when they're done"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit