Therapy?

by StinkyPantz 49 Replies latest jw friends

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Wow BT has covered it so well Stinky listen to him, something to think about. You are awesome BT!

KateVisit Smiley Central! (of the ever so grateful for so many wonderful people on this board class)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

BT-

You give me too much credit I think. I am very stubborn also and talking about my problems with someone face to face is very difficult for me. This board allows me to express myself in ways I'd never do otherwise. Plus I am a psychology major so I could probably diagnose myself anyway (okay maybe not). The thought of years of therapy disturbs me. . I just don't see myself having the time or money, but I know I have to do something.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Gee thanks Kate. I think you're a sweetie too.

BTW, notice there was no "i" in your name.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Kate-

I'm not strong, otherwise I would be able to deal with this. Although I must say I was happy about the 12 pound loss. . .

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I'm not strong, otherwise I would be able to deal with this.

What does 'strong' mean? How do you think you should be able to handle this?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Stinky, then you are saying that myself, BigTex, Lady Lee, lisaBObeesa and many others who post here and have or are now doing therapy are WEAK people? I don't think so, please it's not a weakness in yourself to have a problem and seek help for it.

Let me ask you if you have a tooth ache from a cavity are you weak for seeing a dentist? After all a much stronger person could tollerate the pain from a little 'ol tooth ache eh? Take lots of pain killers even? I hope you get my point, sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done.

very stubborn also and talking about my problems with someone face to face is very difficult for me.

Everything is difficult the first time, sitting in a dentist chair is one of the scarriest things for me I have even fainted from the fear of it but my dental health is important and I make myself go every year. I hate it but I get used to it it gets easier each time.

As a psychology major you should find it facinating, believe me you will learn a lot about yourself and it can be a big help in the field you are going into also.

I've got to go get some zzzzz's I'll call you soon! Hugs!

KateVisit Smiley Central!

Edited to add BT thanks for remembering how to spell my name!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Kate-

Okay, I'm sorry. . I was not trying to say that you all are weak. I personally feel weak though.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

SP, you've got a PM

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Wow I just looked at all of my PMs. Thanks everybody.

• smack
    smack

Bridget,

I didn't realise it was so bad, I'm sorry I haven't been more help. If you haven't crashed later I'll get online at home tonight

and we'll talk

Steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit