Expectation vs Reality

by joey jojo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

These men created what was called a confidence game where what they were selling was exploited from the public's general basic belief in the bible.

Their personal endeavors created a fair amount of power and control over others and a accumulative amount of assets in land and money as well..

The kind of power and money that certain men dream about, as if they built their very own self made " Kingdom

&

It's just amazing how groups like these can heavily influence people. Influence people into selling something to them which never comes to fruition and at the victims' expense, which is their lives and their assets. And it benefits the organization overall.

Well, good-nite.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Of course the big expectation the JWS have had for decades is that this worldly system of things was going to end in their lifetime.

The GB heads told its youth dont bother to obtain an education because they wouldn't need it in the new system.

Many elderly JWS didn't prepare for retirement so now they live impoverished, some without health care.

Thanks to the lying bastard GB heads of the Watchtower Corporation which they live quite happily off the money the WTS acquired (millions now), to look after their own health care among other things.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Of course the big expectation the JWS have had for decades is that this worldly system of things was going to end in their lifetime.

The GB heads told its youth dont bother to obtain an education because they wouldn't need it in the new system.

Many elderly JWS didn't prepare for retirement so now they live impoverished, some without health care.

Thanks to the lying bastard GB heads of the Watchtower Corporation which they live quite happily off the money the WTS acquired (millions now), to look after their own health care among other things''

This is why this cult has to be and is being exposed through and through by the internet and youtube and social media to expose the pain and anguish by leading it's sheeple on. It as to burn.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Brainwashing, fear, exploitation of human ignorance and the basic belief in the bible is a wining combination for a religious publishing house such as the WTS.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I remember sitting at the Kingdom Hall when I was 14 and my friends dad held up his hand a proclaimed that he fully expected never to grow old.

Well, my friend and I are 50 and his dad is well into his 70's.

I got out in my late 20's but sadly my brothers and sister are still fully indoctrinated.

Interestingly I found out that my massage therapist is a former "almost" JW.

Boy the stories we tell each other.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

If only, you could call up Doc Emmit Brown and buy a Delorean car and make a time machine out of it.

Then, with the flux capacitor in there, you could travel back in time 30-35 years and tell the sheeple you would be watching JW broadcasts in the year 2020, on little hand-held computers or mobile computers instead of going to the KH. Also watching your meetings on these hand-held computers or mobile phone. And using these devices in the field service. You wouldn't need literature anymore either. ( ''literature??, where we're going, we don't need literature!!)

I'm sure the look on the followers faces would be just priceless. You would probably be labelled as a sorcerer, nut-job or big time apostate. Shown the door and marched-on through there like no tomorrow.

''I'm from the year 2020", maybe even get slapped in the face.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

Yes, very sad..the time wasted and many lives that came and went in the Witness religion over generations with people hanging on because of that carrot dangling from a stick.

Funny, though, when I ‘faded’ my first mission was to rid my brain of that ‘paradise earth’ teaching because it was a cruel trick to play on my mind.. I don’t think I totally believed this teaching because I had no problem forgetting it. So, the carrot on the stick and the guilt trip is what keeps people there. I think being a JW has become nothing more than a bad habit for people there.

I was shunned by some hardliner JWs since I was a working woman.. But, as FINKELSTEIN said: there are JWs who have reached retirement age unprepared. They caved in to strong pressure to go out in full time ministry and wouldn’t be caught dead working like I did at a secular job!!!. They considered me as ‘unspiritual’..But, I’ll get down on my knees in thankfulness that I worked because I’m Retired.

These ‘spiritual JWs’ got invited to dinners I was never invited to. Well..they can track down their spiritual friends to ask THEM for money! Don’t come near ME!.The same also goes for ex-bethelites kicked to the curb..Brothers with businesses will have to offer them jobs! Good luck.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

LongHairGirl;

''Yes, very sad..the time wasted and many lives that came and went in the Witness religion over generations with people hanging on because of that carrot dangling from a stick.''

I'm with you. You hear the JW's who have been in the Borg since the 1960's who are elderly now. And they lament the fact ''where has time gone'', ''where has time, I can't believe it''. That time has been wasted serving a self-serving organization in which you get little if anything back.

I get down on my hands and knees thanking God for the information age now. For disposing all of this.

LongHairGirl;

''I was shunned by some hardliner JWs since I was a working woman.. But, as FINKELSTEIN said: there are JWs who have reached retirement age unprepared. They caved in to strong pressure to go out in full time ministry and wouldn’t be caught dead working like I did at a secular job!!!. They considered me as ‘unspiritual’..But, I’ll get down on my knees in thankfulness that I worked because I’m Retired.

These ‘spiritual JWs’ got invited to dinners I was never invited to. Well..they can track down their spiritual friends to ask THEM for money! Don’t come near ME!.The same also goes for ex-bethelites kicked to the curb..Brothers with businesses will have to offer them jobs! Good luck.''

I get down on my hands and knees and thank God also for giving me a brain to think. At least I have a decent paying job and can plan for my retirement.

I remember over the years. At circuit a$$emblies when they would interview a young ''sister'' who just completed High School. The brother on stage asking her questions. The young ''sisters'' would always claim how they were A+ students and how they would turn down scholarships and everything. The teachers in the school were just floored how a bright young person with a promising potential career could turn down such an opportunity.

She explained how she was doing it for her God Jehovah. I remember a few oohs and aahs throughout the auditorium. Then people applauding and clapping without any hesitation.

What makes me even more mad is the young, naive, impressionable children throughout the audience. Believing it all. This is what annoys Lloyd Evans(John Cedars) also is ''child indoctrination". He did a video out there somewhere also.

Well, I watched John Leger on one of his older videos. On his channel ExJwAnalyzer. ' This is the information age now.' He related. He mentioned if the JW society knew the internet age would have come along, they should have packed things up. The Society didn't anticipate being around this long. John Cedars mentioned the JW religion was built for the 20th Century, not for the information age.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETH SARIM:

I’m glad you have a decent job and are planning for retirement. If you are still active in the religion, ignore criticism and don’t discuss your personal business. That’s how I behaved towards them.

I also remember the young JWs used at assemblies claiming they ‘turned down scholarships’, etc...What you never hear about are those who were broke later on and needed to go to work!.. It’s also sad about any young JWs today who are being indoctrinated against college or career!

All I know is that I would be so screwed if I had listened to the religion. What a scary lesson learned.

The older people in the congregation were pushing pioneering/housecleaning for ME (and young women in general) or trying to get me to do favors..I refused. These older JWs (long gone) were living cushy lives because a ‘worldly’ husband was supporting them OR were getting a pension having been in the workforce early on.. What hypocrites!

Thank God I did not listen to them.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I’m glad you have a decent job and are planning for retirement. If you are still active in the religion, ignore criticism and don’t discuss your personal business. That’s how I behaved towards them''

I know exactly. I remember after the 2017 Regional Convention. 'Don't Give Up'. Sam Herd on those video feeds, 'The End is Imminent', 'The End is Imminent'. I believe that was one of the final discourses on Sunday, he kept exclaiming that.

Well, LOL, later that night in conversation I was talking about having to retire someday. The looks on some of the friends faces was just priceless. Like WTF was I smoking. ''Haven't you heard....the END IS IMMINENT.......''' That's 3 years ago now...

Then...

That same evening sitting around eating dinner. Listening to those conversations. Trying with all their might, trying their damned, as hard as they could to wrap their heads around that ridiculous ''overlapping generation'' teaching. They were just grasping at everything possible, every line of rationing to draw conclusions for it to make sense. I just sat there speechless. If you could just see the look on their faces when talking about ''generation overlap'', a picture is worth a thousand words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit