Expectation vs Reality

by joey jojo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Can you imagine what the GB meeting must have been like when someone first proposed the overlapping generations idea?

• St George of England
    St George of England

My parents joined in the 1940's. At least Little George was never going to school in this old system. You should see him now, nearly 80, feels 90 and looks 100!

George

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The post gets me right in the feeeelzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

I'll be 41 this summer. This is the year 2020. If someone had told my parents in the 80's that we'd still be here in 2020, they'd have passed out. In the early summer of 1984, my parents were nervous because they had to take me into school and register me for Kindergarten. That first day of school, they drove me and were talking about how I'd never even see high school. I graduated 23 years ago, and my parents are DEAD!!!!! (my father 21 years, my mother 13 years ago!)

Everything I was taught as a child in the 80's is basically "Old Light" now. It's bullshit! ALL of it! I have no real problems with the Christian belief system, but for damn sure I have a problem with this disgusting CULT that robbed me of a normal childhood, education, etc.

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Born in the 60s I was never to go to school then Finnish high school, get a job get married and have my own family in this system .

Now my father who was baptized in the mid 60s was not supposed to grow old and die unless by unforseen circumstances eg accident or illness , passed away recently, mention it to my witness family , the answer was we don't know the day or the hour of the new system.

Broken promises No outright lies.

• dh
    dh

Joined this site 17 years ago. Amazed the account is still active.

Born in late 70's, grew up as a JW in 80's, taught I would live forever and that everyone around me would die.

Walked away in the mid 90's.

I am already living on a paradise earth, the jury is still out on 'forever' :)

dh

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

WingCommender, I'm also 41 and what you said is soo true. Never could I have mentionned to my parents that Armageddon wouldn't have come by 2020. It was impossible, not logical. there was no doubt about the generation of 1914 and only evil, blind people would not see it. We had the truth!

I'm looking at myself in the mirror and I'm discovering gray hair. Not only my parents grew old, so am I!

What puzzles me is that people who lived in these years will still practice shunning if you dare to question the teachings. nonesense.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@StephaneLaliberte:

Remember the "Live Forever" book, Revelations, those old scary WatchTowers (especially early 80's, like 1984ish?) That stuff is ingrained into my brain. Now, no one even mentions it and it's all Old Light.

I've got plenty of grey hairs as I have a 16 year old son. He's never stepped foot into a Kingdumb Hell, and he never will! At least my hair is grey, and I'm not bald! I'm also a fitness freak, so I'm in damn good shape.

This cult has a lot to answer for.

• DesirousOfChange
  • All or nothing
    All or nothing

The sad thing is- my parents think the recent events with covid and political unrest and all the other stupid things happening is the last days that they have been waiting for all these years- I feel sad that they are holding their breath- being controlled by this cult via zoom! Time to live life!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Both the truth and time has changed the JWS religion, the reason why this is so is related to the very core doctrines of which the faith was actually built upon ie. 1914 ,1975 " This Generation "

Simply put the doctrines to which this faith was built around were false, maybe inspired too much from a commercial perspective for literature proliferation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit