Expectation vs Reality

by joey jojo 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Just wanted to put this out there for any lurkers.

As someone that grew up during the 70s and 80s, we were promised that we would be in the first picture long ago. If you are still on the fence, please let this sink in for a while.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

There are many scriptures in the Bible that indicate the approximate length of a generation ,one generation ,and none of them suggest in anyway ,length or form of an overlapping generation.

The overlapping generation is just a ploy to cover their failed prophecy interpretation of when Armageddon and the New System was supposed to happen from the year 1914.

• waton
    waton
    when Armageddon and the New System was supposed to happen from the year 1914.

s3: why do you say "when", it all was supposed to happen in 1914. Rapture and all.

• Overrated
    Overrated

I asked my still in brother to explain the new teaching of generation and he was so confused that he just he directed me to JWILLY.ORG to explain it. Even that at was bull. And we are still here.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Expectation: Family Happiness

Reality:

- Broken family due to practice of shunning

- Divorce rate is as high as anywhere else

----------------

Expectation: True Happiness

Reality: Depression due to aspirations (become a sport star, a phychologist, etc) being suppressed.

----------------

Expectation: Love and friendship

Reality: Endless gossiping and competition

----------------

Expectation: Protection from wickedness within the congregation

Reality:

- Pedophiles are not reported to the police

- Some abuse their fellow congregants knowing they will be discouraged from going to court.

----------------

Expectation: Value and Respect

Reality:

- Individuals who do not hold a title or disregarded.

- Individuals often told that if they think differently than from the organization, they are boastful filled with pride.

- Women are oppressed

----------------

Expectation: Honesty

Reality: Individuals are by and large shielded of anything negative concerning the organization.

----------------

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I totally agree- the religion that our parents and grandparents were sold in the 70's and 80's is not the religion of today AT ALL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

And the religion that their parents and grandparents were sold in the 50s and 60s is not the religion of the 70s and 80s, either.

It started out relatively harmless and benign, but a fucking lawyer and his businessmen cronies snatched the reins, couldn't stand the thought of being just another denomination amongst many...

...and here we are.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

waton

I should have said , Armageddon and the New System was supposed to happen in the year 1914 .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sadly, oldies like us came to discover that the Paradise Earth is like the carrot dangling before a donkey, or the fruit and water offered to Tantalus... it is always just a little way ahead but it never, ever comes.

The brave face up to this fact and accept it. Sadly, too many cannot do that and just carry on the same routine

In that old film ‘The Matrix ‘ , was it a blue or a red pill that they accepted in order to just keep their comfortable existence and never know the real truth?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Expectation- Pastor Russell restored the lost and true faith from the earliest Christian beliefs and traditions.

Reality- Just another one of 40,000 Christian sects started by some guy or gal that is just as corrupted as the other 39,999

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit