Hi from England

by victimofdeceit 33 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome to the forum, victimofdeceit.

Sounds like you did your very best to try to make the JW lifestyle your own. However, you realized by observing the behaviour of JWs - and the elders in particular - that the fit between you and the JW lifestyle was never ever going to be a sound one. You can now get ready to live a life in which you will be true to yourself rather than squashed into some enforced "harmony" orchestrated by the GB.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

It sounds like you are an upstanding citizen that knows corruption and hypocrisy when you see it. I am happy for you. It seems like 8 million humans who tune into JW..org don't think like you or we do. Pity.

Welcome to this Forum. There are a few outspoken people like in any group but for the most part, we all mean well.

All of us have had a rough ride.

Welcome to freedom and getting your brains back.

Oh. And enjoy your week ends doing anything you want to do!

Hugs

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Welcome from germany.

• zeb
    zeb

and a chilly winter welcome from Australia..

Recapture some of your history go and see "Dunkirk"..

• never a jw
    never a jw

Welcome from the U.S. What a problem you have in front of you. What are you going to do with all the freed time that used to be spent in service, preparing for meeting, going to meeting, being in meetings, conventions, dressing for meetings? Use it wisely. Don't join another cult.

• Island Man
    Island Man

But they're just imperfect men. Why would you let the actions of imperfect men cause you to stop serving Jehovah?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Island Man: Because the entire organization is led by "imperfect men" covering up their own imperfection and placing themselves above everyone, including the bible and gods they purport to serve. And why would an all-powerful deity need humans to serve him in the first place?

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

Hi,

I'm in the U.K, too!

• Tallon
    Tallon

I'm also from the UK. Welcome to the forum.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Hey @victimofdeceit. There's much more truth, beauty, happiness, wisdom and life to be had on this side of the organization. Sending you a warm welcome from Down Under. xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit