Hi from England

by victimofdeceit 33 Replies latest jw friends

• victimofdeceit
    victimofdeceit

Recently quit being a JW because I realised that beyond Armageddon I was going to be ruled by people who cover up child abuse, not telling the congregations by their letter where the money they donated in the box is going towards paying compensation for legal battles which they caused, and also I was bullied by elders and discriminated against for being homosexual, even though I am not practicing it. It wasn't until I threatened legal action for a breach of confidence that the elders were deleted. So through the media and my own personal experience, I realised that they were no different to corrupt businesses in the world. Now I feel empty because I have no friends as I was trained to avoid worldly association and also my family shun me because I was a witness. So I've come on here to cure my loneliness and because they have caused me to suffer from depression and PTSD as a result. I realised that it wasn't Satan that was causing me so much grief but those taking the lead.

I never thought that I would be "apostate" but I've been so disheartened and despondent, sick to the stomach over their hypocrisy and wrongdoing and then repentantly trying to cover it over and lying to everyone. I feel a victim of deception until I discovered the truth about those taking the lead (or pss).

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hi--welcome to the site.

i'm in the UK too--and so are lots of others on here.

heres a link

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/197364/ex-jw-uk

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome, victimofdeceit.

• freddo
    freddo

You "threatened them (elders) with legal action for a breach of confidence" and then "they were deleted".

Way to go! Tell us more.

• John Free
    John Free

Greetings from Wales victim of deceit. Welcome to the forum. Things, I assure you, will get better as time passes.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome from Northumberland. It will be tough for a while. Step one is to get over the whole attitude we were taught to have about "worldly people".

Be open to new friendships and relationships. Don't spend another minute fretting over how unkind or corrupt the organisation or the elders are. They are not worth the time or energy. You will be okay.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

A Yorkshire welcome here. Just think how good it has been to speak openly of your sexuality without fear of retribution.

Cofty is right, take your time, you will look back from a better place.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The good news is it's not you with the problem it's them.

As a group they (JWs) are truly horrible people and you're better off without them. You will have ups and downs emotionally but expect that and don't worry bout it, despite what WT teaches it's normal to have thoughts and feelings - even "negative" ones, oh the horror.

Good for you for seeing through it.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Welcome to a group of friends, many (perhaps even most?) of whom have been through similar experiences as you.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When you take control of your life you will cease to be a victim any longer. As you stop thinking the "world" is out to get you, you will find new and better friends. Don't be dismayed if you do not make a lot of friends, inside or outside the organization you usually have one or perhaps two good close friends. The other people you will interact with will be much less judgemental though. So put on your seat belt and get moving, the world is waiting! Of course many here are in the same situation. We'll be here to help as we are able. Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit