Do they take the GB seriously?

by Tech49 29 Replies latest jw friends

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Um, from my position in Oz, land down under also, NO.

jtg...

PS I got a few in friends that are with me on this.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

All the people I knew venerated them.

One sister told me how much the GB had sacrificed for us, she said they probably live in little cell like rooms in Warwick with just the bare necessities....she truly believes this, by the way.

Another sister who was afraid of flying said: 'The GB fly all over the world and if they can do it, I will also be brave and do it, too.'

They would talk of the GB in the same way you'd expect them to talk of Jesus,

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I've often wondered about the Japanese. It may be a stereotype but they come across as so sophisticated and intelligent but also rarther xenophobic so it always amazes me they have thrown over their traditions for an American cult.

Although on the other hand they are very martial and seem to enjoy taking orders....much like the Germans who have been the backbone of this cult.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My family take them seriously 100% absolutely.

Even to the point of defended them to the hilt when I've proven to them the lies and twisted words at the ARC and producing the UN letter and Gerrit Lösch claiming in writing that he's "not part of Watchtower".

"They're imperfect men" is their get out of jail free card.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

I know this is not going to be popular opinion but I don't think Stephen Lett does the cult any harm whatsoever.

Quite the opposite. He comes across As very genuine, warm and loveable ( not saying he is)The very opposite of an evil cult leader.

In fact he could have become a well loved American actor/comedian if you ask me.

Antony Morris, on the other hand, will do a lot of damage if you ask me with his hysterical diatribes about trousers. He doesn't come across as spiritual but a bossy middle management type.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"They're imperfect men is their get out of jail free card."

Couldn't agree more PE. We even tell family members not to use that one before it even comes out of their mouth. We tell them, we DON'T buy it! It's a cop out!!!!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    In fact he could have become a well loved American actor/comedian if you ask me.Image result for stephen lettImage result for bozo
  • Ding
    Ding

If they didn't take the GB seriously, why would they be / remain JWs?

The whole religion is built around obeying the GB without question.

• careful
    careful

joe134,

I Went to visit my ultra orthodox relative. In the room I slept in was a poster of the GB hanging on the wall.

Makes you think of 1 Cor 10.14 and 2 Cor 1.24, right?

PE:

"They're imperfect men" is their get out of jail free card.

They love to fall back on that generalization, but if you ever take it just one step further and say, "So what specifically are their imperfections?" you will immediately see their defenses go up as the word "apostate" rings in their mind.

• Chook
    Chook

These men and their adherents believe in a twinkling of an eye they are to be raptured to Christ to rule from a heavenly throne, what greater bullshit could you get your flock to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit