Do they take the GB seriously?

by Tech49 29 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yes... they WILL disappear in "the twinkling of an eye" when the heat is on and they need to pull the rip cord of their golden parachutes. Hundreds of corporate high ups have done this over the years when the spot light shines on them. Cowards always run!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Take them seriously? Most dubs do, absolutely yes and in practise ( if not admitted ) to the point of believing them above what they read in scripture. The sun shines out of their @ss's .

However the old ones in my family will say in private that they don't know where they are going, that the present crop are not a patch on those of the Knorr, Franz era, and they expect " Jehovah" to sort it out soon and put things back on a sound spiritual footing. They have no confidence in them or their new doctrines . They long for the "old time religion "

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    oesUpa day agoa day ago
    "They're imperfect men is their get out of jail free card."
    Couldn't agree more PE. We even tell family members not to use that one before it even comes out of their mouth. We tell them, we DON'T buy it! It's a cop out!!!!

Agree, Toes up. But what I don't get is how they can't see the " imperfect men" thing must also apply to Catholics, Muslims, Baptists, Methodists.....etc etc

• Captain Schmideo2
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = of course they are the FDSL the intermediary between Jesus and all of mankind.

When one is obedient and loyal to the GB, they are also being obedient and loyal to Jehovah.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I don't think Stephen Lett does the cult any harm whatsoever.....

In fact he could have become a well loved American actor/comedian if you ask me.

Sure, he is American I suppose. I also laugh at him all the time and if it's acting... he's brilliant.

• freddo
    freddo

There are a handful in my hall who raise their eyebrows at Lett. I'm probably the only one who might say that AM3 is a finger-wagging, pompous ass.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Of the jobos here in the UK, I observed that a lot of the sheeple had no idea who the GB were. those that did, worship them.

GB worship and name dropping was one of the things that helped me leave the filthy, disgusting cult. I got sick of hearing, 'we thank the faithful slave(tm) blah blah...'

..and when these Govbod mental cases said 'we love you', it felt like they were saying 'f*** off, losers.'

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was told that a GB guy visited the Bethel Inauguration in Bangalore, India. After his speech , the entire audience stood in a line for a handshake with him. I bet many would have thought that a mere physical contact with such a holy person was a great privilege.

This is the case in developing countries.

• Ray Frankz
    Ray Frankz

Circular reasoning. They are trained to believe Jehovah uses "a" group of men in the US. Not "this" group of men. That's why most don't care about their flaws. They see them as normal people who are now with the "superpower" of governing body-ness.

I could tell that even if all the holy seven were replaced in a month, most of the JW would make up a reason of what Jehovah did that, join this make up explanation with the "official" one that would come from the new GB and move on, now being slaves of seven different people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit