Do they take the GB seriously?

by Tech49 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Tech49
    Tech49

So this is an honest question that I have been thinking about for some time.

Do regular Jehovahś Witnesses in other countries (other than the USA) take the Governing Body in New York seriously?

I mean, I cant help but wonder about the publishers in Japan, or South Africa, or Mexico, or New Zealand, or even the UK, or Spain, or Italy...... or Russia?

Not you and I (we know what YOU think of them), but the regular JWś...... do they take these American Buffoons seriously? What have you heard from the rank-and-file in YOUR country.?

JackHarper, Tech49

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Good question!

I'm thinking the same thing being in different countries different indoctrination principles it must be very hard for the brain dead Governing Body to respond to such a diverse crowd and keep them under mind control,,, after all these guys are demented old fucked up delusional fools with a very limited appeal.

I'm thinking things are falling apart at the seams for the international WTB&T Society.

• waton
    waton

They are not all US stock, D. Splane is from Canada, and there is the Austrian, and an Australian. of Royal Commission fame.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Waton, of course I know that. But still the question remains. After all, it would seem that Gods Spirit can only be decyphered in the good ol USA! Once these dudes make the move to New York, they are officially Borg-i-fied. I cant help but wonder if the other Bethel branches and their plebian workforce feel somewhat.... inferior....just because they aren´t in ´merica. I also have to wonder if many of the rank-and-file just look at them and roll their eyes. I see alot of skinny jeans and facial hair in photos from conventions in ¨other countries¨.

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

I tell you from down under they a revered and their shit don't stink to the rank and file , I dunno if it has anything to do with how we are all americanized to a degree down here , music ,tv etc but the kiwis and aussies I know think the gb are who they say they are ....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TECH49:

To be perfectly honest, the GB's spiritual mystique has been stripped away now that they are so visible. They should have remained more anonymous LOL.

I never believed divine claims even when I was in. It went in one ear and out the other..and if any Witness wants to think this lack of regard is sacrilegious, let them. In my book, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Any person, religion or whatever who makes any kind of divine or otherworldly claims had BETTER have a mountain of proof to back them up.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

To be perfectly honest, the GB's spiritual mystique has been stripped away now that they are so visible. They should have remained more anonymous LOL.

Image result for stephen lett

Gotta admit he is pretty "mysterious".

Can anyone take him seriously?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

DOC I sincerely hope they keep him on JW.Org TV channel , if anything should wake up a JW it should be watching this guy and his facial contortions.

He missed his vocation ,he would have been a hoot on the comedy channel .

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I only knew the GBs names after leaving but I never knew the COs names either nor met them let alone eat a meal or go d2d with any of them. Single females don't get those privileges unless you are a pioneer.

They were venerated in my KHs here in UK. Not just them their voices. A CD with a talk from one of them was practically worshipped.

One occasion when we had no Sunday speaker in Spain (happened a lot so if old Almighty Jah couldn't get someone on a 4 hour flight from UK for this part of the meeting that should never be missed I had serious doubts about his other capabilities) we were going to have the absolute privilege of a GB members talk from a CD. They couldn't get it to work so off to the beach an hour early for everyone. Those were the best Sundays. We all wore bathing costumes under meeting clothes anyway cos we went to the beach after every Sunday meeting anyway.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

From the land down under. I Went to visit my ultra orthodox relative. In the room I slept in was a poster of the GB hanging on the wall. Couldn't help but see the irony how this same relative had made me pull down my Duran Duran posters when I was a kid, some years earlier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit