God Bless George Walker Bush

by Jayson 44 Replies latest social current

• Jayson
    Jayson

I just got my tax break refund in the mail today. I am so excited

Having Republicans in power is a good thing.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Well, be sure you go out and spend it in the right way to get the rest of the country going. btw, when do I get my check?

• Jayson
    Jayson

Yes well my new slogan is "Buy a gun, piss off a liberal." That is a great way to spend a tax refund IMO. We all are paying less in 2003 so that is in the paycheck (as opposed to taken out in Federal withholding.) Where's your check D E? I don't know. Refunds were done according to SS#. And refunds for people who never paid federal income tax well thats a little tricky. & I don't understand how one does that. If you think you have one coming get it! It's a good thing...

• shamus
    shamus

May I make a suggestion? Buy the gin, but invest the rest. You'll get more enjoyment out of it in the long run... unless your television set has funny lines running on it...

Shamus.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    If you think you have one coming get it! It's a good thing...

I'm sure I have one coming from the federal government... the problem is that I live in California, the highest taxed state in the Union... odds are our soon to be deposed governor has probably spent our refunds - in one pocket, out the next. Hopefully, our next governor will have more business sense and turn this sinking state around.

btw... I have enough guns, I think I'll go by an SUV, just to make Gov. Davies really made (the schmuck).

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm not an accountant. The war is costing the us govt billions. It may cost up to 100 billions to rebuild iraq. It's questionable if much oil revenue will trickle back to govt coffers. It will mostly stay w oil and construction companies. There is a record deficit. How do you account for where the money is coming from?

SS

Ps sorry to on your w this

• Jayson
    Jayson

I agree D E what Cali has done to it's citizenry is horrible. It's dosen't have to be that way. It is one of the most successful parts of the world. Your State's GNP would rival most countries. BTW gun control is a little out of control in Cali. What's up with that? Is it going to succed and join the EU?

I'm thinking about getting an SUV. I plan to fill it up and race it over the mountian passes wide open! (With some of my guns) It's my gas I paid for it I'll drive and do as I please. If a person wants an electric car good for them. I don't care.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I plan to fill it up and race it over the mountian passes wide open! (With some of my guns) It's my gas I paid for it I'll drive and do as I please.

LOL. If you look in your rearview mirror, you'll notice I'm right behind you!

• Jayson
    Jayson
    I'm not an accountant.

Really what a shock. I bet your not an economist either...

The war is costing the us govt billions. It may cost up to 100 billions to rebuild iraq. It's questionable if much oil revenue will trickle back to govt coffers.

Has nothing to do with this.

If you are not an American what do you care? Oh yes pissing on an Americans party oh no lock the thread this is exclusive to Americans Lock it Lock it Lock it

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

SS,

I thought we'd been through all this already, here's how it works, tax cuts GENERATE government Revenue. Under Reagan the tax cuts he enacted ended up producing more tax revenue than the dollar amount the government no longer took it. The reason Reagan had a deficit was that the Democrats in congress increased spending by three dollars for every one dollar brought into the government.

As soon as Iraq starts selling oil, they'll be paying for a good chunk of their own reconstruction.

Those oil companies (how exactly are they getting rich off this?) and construction companies have to hire people, this creates jobs, people spend money when they have jobs, this puts more money into the economy, this creates more jobs and all this increases revenues for the government.

On the other hand, then the government collects more in taxes, we spend less money, there's less money in the economy, and folks downsize their businesses, meaning fewer jobs, meaning less money in the economy, and less money in the government.

Got it?

Tax cuts increase government revenues, it's a basic fact of macroeconomics. Kennedy knew this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit