God Bless George Walker Bush

by Jayson 44 Replies latest social current

• Jayson
    Jayson

C W P's have many benifits like the "Brady Law" not applying to you. & yep the Federal firearms laws of 1934 limit a lot of types of weapons (Like sawed off's). That's OK though I still don't have a use for an M203 grenade launcher & if I ever feel the need for a fully automatic machine gun then I will apply for the license. For now, I just don't feel the need. I laugh at the "Assult weapons ban" that Clinton is so pround of. Banning baynett lugs.... we are all safer now Vermont & Alaska don't require a CWP anymore. It is still a good idea to get one in Alaska though. That way you can carry in States that reciprocate.

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, Clinton's "Assault Weapons Ban" was one of the biggest jokes I ever saw. And lots of lefties STILL don't get it. I'll try one more time to explain it. Clinton's "Ban" disallowed something like 18 assault rifles from being imported into the states alright, banned them BY NAME. So the manufacturers of those firearms CHANGED THE NAMES and kept right on importing them. I don't think that Clinton's "ban" kept even ONE assault rifle out of this country. Now, you folk on the left understand how Clinton hoodwinked you all? He slipped it to you just like he slipped it to Monica, but I'll bet she had a better time.

And BTW, when Jack Kennedy lowered taxes government revenues went UP as well, same same with Regan. But there's just something about the internal wiring of a liberal that rejects tax cuts on a deep visceral level, even when it's demonstrated that they work. OH well, you libs never did like having to deal with the truth, did you?

• unique1
    unique1

Jayson: I do not support raising taxes, you read my post wrong. What I am saying is that it seems there are more important issues for Mr Bush to focus on than taxes. Like maybe finding Bin Ladin or Bringing in more jobs to the US. If somehow giving $400 back to every couple with a child brings more jobs and I am just missing the connection I am sorry.

And the fact is there are NO jobs for experienced people, hell even general laborers here in TEXTILE land. My father has over 25 years construction experience and a General Contractors license. Nobody is buying houses or hiring anyone with his experience. He keeps getting told he is "Overqualified" for all the lower jobs he applies for. I have another friend who is having to go through a temp agency for barely sporadic work, and he is willing to do any general labor, he isn't afraid of work, it is just with all the textile plants closing down and nothing taking their place, there isn't much left. Wal-mart can only hire So Many. I work for municipalities and due to budget cuts we may have our hours cut here at my work. Everything is in the toilet here. Give it a few more years of all these plants closing and budget cuts with no new business to take the place and the carolinas will just fall off the map.

Maybe I am just bitter because I see so many people around here struggling and there is nothing I can do about it. I want to give everyone a place to work but it is beyond my control. I don't want to see the taxes raised and lowering them is fine, but Bush acts like that makes EVERYTHING BETTER and it just doesn't.

• Jayson
    Jayson
    I do not support raising taxes-unique1

Here is the thing if you do not support Bush then yes you do.

For example Dean if elected prez (as so many here want) he will raise federal taxes by 4000% on a couple earning 40k a year. And that is not the worst of his aspirations to distroy America. Also, the Feds are not the biggest problem with employment issues. States like California have crippled themselves with their own employment taxes and over regulation. People are leaving in groves and still powers that be just don't get it. If you raise taxes on business, if you regulate them to death, you do one of a number of very bad things you:

A) Cause a rash of small & large businesses not hiring new employees.

B) Cause businesses to layoff or fire current employees.

C) Cause products to cost more hurting the poorest of consumers the most.

D)Cause a business to fail, close, or relocate displacing workers or causing them to seek benifits compounding the problem that caused taxes to be raised in the first place.

And that is a simplistic. Reality is far worse.

I see business in Washington relocating; the likes of Boeing and Jan Sport for instance. Other business in Cali are moving in mass to more friendly States like Texas and Nevada. They are also moving out of the country to escape unions and government. I don't blame them.

The thing is I understand your being bitter, even mad. But "Bush" is the wrong guy to blame. Getting pissed over tax breaks or saying they don't matter is to miss the point. Raising taxes lowers jobs. Lowering taxes increase jobs.

I found this interesting to read. It was the prediction of where things will be in the future if Clinton were to get another term. He did and it all came true.

http://fhss.byu.edu/washsem/ps102/documents/gop1996.html

And hey, I did not vote for Dole. I voted for Clinton. I thought him to be the best person to vote for. I have always called myself an Independent. I voted for the person not the party. Morally I thought that the right thing. I have to thank those "assholes" here at JWD for helping me to wake up and see that the only party worth voting for is the Republican party. In the words of Ann Coulter "If a Democrat is loyal to America then they no longer have a party." It is true. I last night E-mailed the Republican Party of my home State. I told them that I now affilate myself with them and want to help to root out all Democrats in power. They have "White Elephant" drives where they talk to people and get those who are not registered to vote to become a Republican and vote for the better future of America. In one day, a few hours actually, I got my first non registered voter to become active in politics and become a Republican affiliate to boot. Before all the namecalling, threating to shoot me, telling me how stupid I am, how I am a Nazi, or Fox News ditto head, and how I contribute nothing here @ JWD, I tried to tell those people that I do not like Fox, I do not listen to talk radio and even used to give the BBC an ear. Now I see that in truth they are the ones who get information from "sides." Sides meaning that their information, their "truth" comes from slanted sources and that is how it is. They follow party lines in true ideological sense. I never believed in the value of a party. I believed in people. I have learned the futility in that. The Jehovah Witnesses never had an enemy in me. They made me their enemy. Now I actively work to inform people of just how evil they are. Liberal thinking was never my enemy. It still isn't I will just "lean" from within the Republican Party from now on. The "Left" on the other hand has made an enemy in me. Instead of not having a person who will work to bring others into an organized movement for political power now, that is who I am. I will bring money, time, and persuasion to farther the Republican agendas. I thank you few very hostile, mean, and bitter twisted people here for that. (I'm sure you know who you are)

I just noticed that this is my 666th post. Fitting number to state that I have turned to what so many here see as the dark sidemust be a sign.

• George W Bush
    George W Bush

Welcome to the dark side Jayson

I honestly think the left has become elitists who do not know what the average man is like. They've seperated themselves. Anyone with a different opinion from them is stupid and they do not fear calling them names.

At this point in time all the left offers is a hatred of George W Bush. That is not a platform that will succeed. While many in America may not agree with the President polls show that they do feel safer with this administration than any other since Ronald Reagan.

• animal
    animal

As with many people, I moved to where the work is, since work dried up in my old town. I havent missed a beat since, we are busy and working overtime.

Housing is way up here also, they cant keep up with mortgages and new home building. We have about 1500 people moving here per week, one of the fastest growing cities in the USA. Thats why so many illegal aliens flock here, there is so much work for them.

I only got $400, my kid turned 18 this year. I spent it on used car parts for my camaro, and those guys will spend it on something, etc etc.... so the money is in the system.

My 401K is growing again too, finally.

Are things perfect? Nope. Are they better? Yep. Does the news report that 95% of the USA population is working? No, just that 5% is not working.

Animal
    http://www.animal-pen.net

• onacruse
    onacruse

Jayson:

I just noticed that this is my 666th post. Fitting number to state that I have turned to what so many here see as the dark side must be a sign.

ehehe...please produce a pic of your forehead

Craig

• Satanus
    Satanus

I see you have had a conversion.

I never believed in the value of a party. I believed in people. I have learned the futility in that. The Jehovah Witnesses never had an enemy in me. They made me their enemy. Now I actively work to inform people of just how evil they are. Liberal thinking was never my enemy. It still isn't I will just "lean" from within the Republican Party from now on. The "Left" on the other hand has made an enemy in me. Instead of not having a person who will work to bring others into an organized movement for political power now, that is who I am. I will bring money, time, and persuasion to farther the Republican agendas. I thank you few very hostile, mean, and bitter twisted people here for that. (I'm sure you know who you are)
    I have to thank those "assholes" here at JWD for helping me to wake up and see that the only party worth voting for is the Republican party.
    I last night E-mailed the Republican Party of my home State. I told them that I now affilate myself with them and want to help to root out all Democrats in power. They have "White Elephant" drives where they talk to people and get those who are not registered to vote to become a Republican and vote for the better future of America. In one day, a few hours actually, I got my first non registered voter to become active in politics and become a Republican affiliate to boot.

Ok, but i don't think that it's right to blame others for your new belief.

SS

• Jayson
    Jayson
    Ok, but i don't think that it's right to blame others for your new belief.

LOL

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Even though I'm not one of Jehovah's Witnesses anymore, there are some words of wisdom in the Bible that I still place faith in.

Such as, "Do not put your trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs." Ps. 146:3

"I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. it does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step."

If anyone thinks George Bush or any other man is going to solve the worlds problems, they are a fool. Bush will not bring peace to the Middle East or the world. There will be war, crime and terror until the time comes when man exists no more. For all those who think the USA is better off with Bush as president, I say to you this: By December of 2004 the USA will not be the same - in fact, I predict martial law in effect by 12/04. I hope you all are enjoying your SUV's and 50 Cent albums, because times are changing and Bush will lead this country into the biggest Depression ever if things don't change. And from the looks of it, people are still blind to the extreme degree of deciet going on in this country and still support the atrocities and unwise decisions that have been happening in this country for years (not just limited to Bush). The USA is just like the mighty civilization of Rome - too proud and haughty to realize we're not invincible. The good thing about the political system of the USA is the check and balance of the right vs. left. We need the influence of both parties to be successful, not just one of them. Currently we need the influence of the left to repair our relationship with other countries, because if not we will have no friends/support in a time of need, and that time of need is coming up soon. We need the world, and the world needs us, therefore we should work together positively with other nations.

Just my opinions, of course I could be proven wrong. Time will tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit