God Bless George Walker Bush

by Jayson 44 Replies latest social current

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

How can anyone enjoy a taxcut without at least reflecting momentarily on the sacrifices of our grossly underpaid military? So many are on food stamps and other forms of assistance while this administration, it's officials, the zionists it supports, and the corporate thieves & lobbyists are ALL FAT, HEALTHY and WEALTHY! Think about that next time you hear about a young american dying so that talmudic zionists can control the middle east with the help of american oil companies, rich politicans, and the fundamentalist religious right. Like USMC General Smedley Butler once said, "the only war worth fighting is to defend your homeland from direct attack, and defending the bill of rights, anything else is a racket". Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Rice, Wolfowitz, Rove, Sharon, and that paper soldier Franks should all be executed for the hundreds of dead americans and thousands of iraquis, and the condition of this country. Someday the poor of this world will rise, be afraid, be very afraid!

• Paradiselost
    Paradiselost

Fact: Since George W became president the economy has taken a downward turn. He's the first president in 50 years to have the number of jobs in America decrease each month of his presidency instead of increase. (-130,000 a month last I checked).

Fact: George W's foreign policy has alienated much of the world community.

Fact: For every 3 people looking for a job, only 1 job is available. (To me that sounds like 67% of job hunters are SOL)

Fact: A 4000% increase in taxes for a 40 K household would mean that they would be paying more in taxes than what they earned. (In other words 'not possible')

The left and right endorse polar economic models. The left favors welfare programs that reallocate some wealth to poorer individuals. The right favors tax cuts that returns money to individuals in proportion to their wealth. Therefore the richest 5% receive 50% of the tax cut. Welfare programs give money to those who have to spend it to survive. That money is going to be spent. Tax cuts give money to those who don't need to spend it...they might but it is not of necessity. Therefore, to put the greatest amount of money back into the economy welfare programs are the most beneficial.

• Robdar
    Robdar

What tax break are you talking about? I haven't seen one.

Robyn

• Jayson
    Jayson

Robar do you pay federal income tax?

If the answer is yes than you are now paying less than before. If no then it is hard to pay less than zero. (But most people who don't pay tax in get payouts for existing.) As I told others if you think that you are entitled a refund then pursue it.

Fact: Since George W became president the economy has taken a downward turn. No shit kidding? He's the first president in 50 years to have the number of jobs in America decrease each month of his presidency instead of increase. (-130,000 a month last I checked).I said in another thread that the economy I.e. jobs is his weak point and this should be the standing point for waging a campaign agianst him so, I see you point. If you look at the world it is far worse off than America. Look at France, Germany and even Japan for example. It is a world resession not just a US slowdown. But Prez'e get praise and blame and it matters not if they are responsible. Getting rid of Greenspan will be a good thing after Bush is re-elected.

Fact: George W's foreign policy has alienated much of the world community.Good that "world community" of snobs needs some tough love to say the least. Many people like myself have no problem with telling that "world community" to F O in politics, relations and as a person. The "world community" needs a kick in the ass.

Fact: For every 3 people looking for a job, only 1 job is available. (To me that sounds like 67% of job hunters are SOL) Link please

Fact: A 4000% increase in taxes for a 40 K household would mean that they would be paying more in taxes than what they earned. (In other words 'not possible')Wrong; proof of your wrongness/& my source for the statement. Please show the math that you say brought you to your conclusion of 'not possible'.

Russert: Let’s turn to the campaign. This is what you said last month about the Bush tax cut and I’ll show you and our viewers. “It has become clear what this president is attempting to do and why we must repeal the entire package of tax cuts.” The Department of Treasury, we consulted and asked them: What effect would that have across America? And this is what they said. A married couple with two children making $40,000 a year, under the Bush plan, would pay $45 in taxes. Repealing them, under the Dean plan, if you will, would pay $1,978, a tax increase of over 4,000 percent. A married couple over 65 making $40,000 and claiming their Social Security, under Bush would pay $675 in taxes. You’re suggesting close to $1,400, a 107 percent tax increase. Can you honestly go across the country and say, “I’m going to raise your taxes 4,000 percent or 107 percent,” and be elected?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/912159.asp

The left and right endorse polar economic models. The left favors welfare programs that reallocate some wealth to poorer individuals. The right favors tax cuts that returns money to individuals in proportion to their wealth. Therefore the richest 5% receive 50% of the tax cut. First the "rich" pay all federal taxes while the "poor" pay zero of federal taxes. So in those terms "tax cuts" can only go to those who pay federal income tax so if you get a tax cut by defintion you are rich. And Democrats and Republicans are both parties of bastards. Both tax and spend with disregard. The left and right is a continuum of ideology and much more complex than this thread about American tax cuts covers. Welfare programs give money to those who have to spend it to survive. Federally speaking welfare programs are pork barrel that both parties trough from for votes. That money is going to be spent. Tax cuts give money to those who don't need to spend it...they might but it is not of necessity. Proof please. How do you know what people "need."Therefore, to put the greatest amount of money back into the economy welfare programs are the most beneficial. Utter bullshit.Why not just have all money go to a federal program and be doled out as the great mother sees fit for each person needs?

• Jayson
    Jayson

BTW Back2dafront

I did not ignore your post

Just my opinions, of course I could be proven wrong. Time will tell.

I agree, time will tell. You even gave a timeline of 12/04. Will you change your position of martial law is not in place? Time will tell.

U T

How can anyone enjoy a taxcut without at least reflecting momentarily on the sacrifices of our grossly underpaid military?

I have a friend who is shipping out for Afganistan in Feb 2004 he will be reciving 50k a year with combat pay tax free. Although no amount of money would be to much for him IMO that's not peanuts either.

I have no problem with my tax cut and in fact I want to see more of them in all Federal State and local levels. More people should understand that government is not efficient in anything but national defense. (And even that is questionable)

The rest is ignored.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Liberal thinking was never my enemy. It still isn't I will just "lean" from within the Republican Party from now on. The "Left" on the other hand has made an enemy in me.

I sure hope you don't feel that way about all liberals. I've never thought of you, or anyone else with conservative leanings, as my enemy. I disagree with everyone at some point. What I don't like are unthinking robots who mechanically back "their" party without questioning it. I've never seen you as one of those types Jayson. I hope you continue to be an independant thinker and not try to root out Democrats just because. I dislike most politicians and find most all of them have an agenda. Until we have massive overhauls in the way our government is run I think we will continue to see the waste of American tax dollars. An excellent book on the beaurocracy that has stifled our government is "The Death of Common Sense" by Phillip K. Howard. I highly recommend it.

I'll still like you even if you are voting for the Republicans. I'll be right there to balance out your vote..LOL!

~Aztec

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    First the "rich" pay all federal taxes while the "poor" pay zero of federal taxes.

Not true, there is a working poor class, people that actually work, and are below poverty level, and are not on finacial assistance.

• Jayson
    Jayson

Az-

Thanks. No I do not consider you an enemy. How could I consider a babe like you an enemy? That term meant only in political ideology not in the person.

I have read "The Death of Common Sense" and own a copy to loan out to people. I agree it should be read. If I had/have my way the Democrats will loose their "other party" status and the Libertarian or Reform party will move up the ranks to a real party in America. (Real party meaning holding office at all levels and running in poltical races at all levels every year) I am not for a one party system. But for now the Repukes have come to a point that I can live with & again, for now there is nowhere else to be imo. Voting 3rd party got Bush elected & voting for a Demoncrat is agianst America. (I do believe that) So change from with in the Repukes is a worth while adventure.

First the "rich" pay all federal taxes while the "poor" pay zero of federal taxes.

Not true, there is a working poor class, people that actually work, and are below poverty level, and are not on finacial assistance.

T H I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that those below the povertly level pay federal income taxes? Or are you saying that because there may be those that are not on public assistance that is equal to paying federal income taxes? Why is it so hard to understand if one leans to the left that the "poor" do not pay Federal Income Taxes?
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I got my tax rebate check too -- all going in the Kingdom Hall Contribution box for the worldwide work

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    T H I am not sure what you mean. Are you saying that those below the povertly level pay federal income taxes? Or are you saying that because there may be those that are not on public assistance that is equal to paying federal income taxes? Why is it so hard to understand if one leans to the left that the "poor" do not pay Federal Income Taxes?

No I am saying people that work, and are below the poverty level still pay taxes. If you make minimum wage, and have kids, and live on your own, you are below the poverty level, you do pay taxes, which part of that concept do you not understand? Left leaning? Again you are confused, I'm completely against gun control. I'd rather see a libertarian in office, than any democrap, or repuke. This prez, has built a bigger government than any democrat in history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit