The boys in Pennsylvania- The real power behind Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Actually, I could give a rats ass what you want to believe. But spreading foolishness like this post only does a disservice to the ex-JW community. It validates current Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs that most so called 'apostates' are INDEED spreading lies and false information about their former religion

Sparky

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on this thread. I respect your opinion.

However

Can I remind you that as the op shows, I was simply interested in something Mike had said in his video when he was talking about why their you tube videos were being taken down.

In their video (in the op), at around 35 seconds. Mike say's that he has being trying to tell people that the boys in Pennsylvania are the real power behind watchtower - NOT the Governing Body?

I was simply curious, if not fascinated by this statement. I didn't say he was right. I didn't say he was wrong. I was simply curious and wanted to find out more. I was hoping to get some more information about this on this forum, that was all! That's called research, something most people do on this forum.

I felt there was some credibility to what Mike said, given that he can usually back up his information with documents/proof etc. He mentioned in his video in the op that the reason he got several strikes on some of his videos was because the 'boys in Pennsylvania' had contacted YouTube to complain.

I also found the dinner arrangements at the annual meeting for 'corporate members and their guests' interesting. Yes, I might be speculating, and it's my own personal opinion, but the arrangements did sound a little segregated/exclusive. I just found it interesting that the money men, the policy makers, effectively the people with clout who run the organisation, get to sit at the head of the table as it were in a separate room. Luke 14:13

So as per above, this thread is not about spreading foolishness, lies, false stories or creating a disservice to the ex JW community. It was about honest research into finding out more about the Pennsylvanian connection.

• sparky1
    sparky1

UnshackleTheChains......thanks for respecting my opinion. Mike and Kim are creating a false narrative in their assumption that the 'boys in Pennsylvania' are some sort of 'power brokers' or money men behind the Governing Body. The reason that the Pennsylvania Corporation contacted YouTube is because most, if not all, of the Jehovah's Witnesses intellectual property is registered to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. You can confirm this yourself by logging on to JW.ORG and scrolling down to the bottom of the page. As for the Governing Body having a separate lunch with some of the members of the corporation, Mike and Kim are grasping at straws. There is preferential treatment in Jehovah's organization for long time members with positions. Sorry to be so blunt, but Mike and Kim trade in sensationalism! I know................I watch them myself sometimes! They are a real 'hoot' as long as you take what they say with a 'grain of salt'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit