The boys in Pennsylvania- The real power behind Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    So the "boys in Penn" act on the word of those whom they follow, and are in a leadership role only in as much as they fullfilling the dictates they have received and proven themselves loyal to the religion to be in that position. Anything beyond that kind of just borders on conspiracy theory

Thanks everyone for your responses on this thread. I had wanted to respond sooner, but have been so busy.

problemmaddict. I can see where you are coming from. However, 7 men at the forefront of the Watchtower corporation can only do so much. It makes absolute sense they have powerful advisors such as qualified lawyers, and businessmen in the background steering the ship to avoid stormy seas ahead (eg legal battles/lawsuits/building projects etc). It all goes hand in hand.

A prime example is the pope of Rome. Is he running the entire Catholic church singlehanded? Are all his views, ideas, dictates immediately put in place? I would hardly think so. Some perhaps, but not all. The Catholic church will have its own powerful men pulling many important strings. The GB is our collective pope like leadership in a manner of speaking.

Given what I have seen on JW broadcasting, I don't see any outstanding astute hawks or powerful men among the GB. I only see what amounts to a figurehead at the very top of the organisation. The friendly face of watchtower. In fact I view it the same way I view the queen of England. She is a figurehead for the country, but not the actual individual running the country. She will be advised on just about everything.

As Newly Enlightened said...'the Board of Directors in PA are the power & money'......they mention they were informed of this by someone who used to work at the Pennsylvania corporation after they had defected.

I believe there is credibility to what Mike and Kim are saying. I find it all very fascinating. As someone who has actively been trying to change policy through letter writing over the years, such information is important; it is in fact vital. Highlighting issues with the right people could or can make a difference.

I would personally like to thank Mike and Kim for highlighting this and bringing it to people's attention!

Also a very big thanks to Darkspilver for all the information you provided. I will be keeping all of this for reference.

Thanks again

UTC

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Sorry. Had to raise this thread again. It's just that it relates to what the op says. A friend of mine drew my attention to mikeys latest video about the AGM. Video below.

What I found extraordinary was GB member Geoff Jackson's details about dinner arrangements. If you watch from around 43 minutes. You will hear very clearly how he explains that 'Corporate members AND their guests' have dinner separately!! Again this adds a lot of credibility to Mikes reference to the 'boys in Pennsylvania'

With everything going on with changes, cut backs, law suits etc. I am sure there will be plenty of discussion around Watchtowers financial situation. I wonder if God's word will be used?

Would love to have been a fly on that wall. 🤐

https://youtu.be/dWQuRcLlVMM

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

I just watched that this evening. Sounds like a business function to me. Very strange. I mean, even "our corporate BROTHERS AND SISTERS" would have sounded better if it truly was a "theocracy". But "guests" set off a different vibe. Like it's a bunch of fat cat hedge fund guys. Anyone else notice how depressed/defeated the GB sounded? Tony Morris, especially. Really just "over it", in my opinion.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Anyone else notice how depressed/defeated the GB sounded? Tony Morris, especially. Really just "over it", in my opinion

Yes exactly. Tone of voice is a revealer. He sounds so dour. The guy needs to get his 'leotards' on and run from the tower.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Corporate members AND their guests' have dinner separately

In a private area, not in the dining room. Interesting.

• fulano
    fulano
    Your conspiracies are getting so ignorant foolish, there are no words for it. You don't listen to people who have been there, know members etc. but just keep on writing like headless chickens.
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Thank you, thank you, thank you............Fulano for shedding light on the foolishness that seems to get worse by the day. It's getting harder to carry on an intelligent discussion on this forum. But it does make for good entertainment!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    Your conspiracies are getting so ignorant foolish, there are no words for it. You don't listen to people who have been there, know members etc. but just keep on writing like headless chickens
    Thank you, thank you, thank you............Fulano for shedding light on the foolishness that seems to get worse by the day. It's getting harder to carry on an intelligent discussion on this forum. But it does make for good entertainment.

Oh dear...it looks like a few feathers have been ruffled!!!

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Here's a great conspiracy theory

CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

• sparky1
    sparky1

Oh dear.....it looks like a few feathers have been ruffled!!!!

Actually, I could give a rats ass what you want to believe. But spreading foolishness like this post only does a disservice to the ex-JW community. It validates current Jehovah's Witnesses beliefs that most so called 'apostates' are INDEED spreading lies and false information about their former religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit