The boys in Pennsylvania- The real power behind Watchtower

by UnshackleTheChains 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This organization namely the Watchtower Corporation which is supported by a organized religion (JWS) has always been driven and created by men who seek power and money, the power first then the money.

Its god's earthly " Chosen " organization you know.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    This was a man made religion from the start and it has used it`s influence over Gulilble people to build itself into a multi-million dollar publishing empire over the western world

Smiddy

Thank you for this point. It appears that this seems to be the case. I sent several letters under an alias name with a fake email address to the GB about their controversial policies. Not once did I get a reply. In fact one of those letters was in my real name and address and yet they didn't reply. It appears to be their policy to either fob people of with a generic read a Watchtower or two; or to simply not reply to letters.

I have no doubt in my mind this is a policy put in place by the boys in Pennsylvania.

Diogenesister

Can you remember which broadcast William Malenfant was on most recently? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks for all your replies everyone. 😋

• tiki
    tiki

Corporate always runs the show...and who pulls their strings is yet another factor.

• dozy
    dozy

The more you look into the Society , you more you realise it is basically just a MLM type business. It exists to self perpetuate itself. The early presidents were Russell ( businessman ) , Rutherford ( lawyer ) and Knorr (businessman ) , but as the business has grown and evolved , the president has lost power. The real drivers behind virtually all the doctrinal and operational changes are financial and legal , so essentially the Organisation's real power lies with the accountants and lawyers.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When I was 15 I remember the Presiding Overseer (COBE) being one of the 3 elders who went over the baptism questions with me. This was conducted at his house in his study. I remember him showing me two letters -

The first was on the traditional letterhead having the Watchtower official logo in that tan/gold color with the address in Brooklyn, NY. I had seen them many times, especially when I was younger than that. My father had been a Presiding Overseer himself and I would see these letters in his home office.

The second was similar. The logo was in green and the address in Pennsylvania. I had never seen this before.

The Presiding Overseer told me that the second one if a secondary corporation in charge of the legal department for the WB&TS.

Eventually they wanted to distance themselves from the idea that a corporation was in charge of God's earthly organization and started sending letters from "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses."

• jaydee
    jaydee

William Malenfart's latest video appearance....'New Light...er'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoEwH2UCxeE

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    The Presiding Overseer told me that the second one if a secondary corporation in charge of the legal department for the WB&TS.
    Eventually they wanted to distance themselves from the idea that a corporation was in charge of God's earthly organization and started sending letters from "The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

Truth B Known

You said you were 15 when you saw the letter heads on the two letters. Out of interest, what year was that? and do you know when they started using the letterhead 'Christian' congregation of Jehovah's witnesses

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The Firm.

G.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

1989 is when I remember seeing the green Watchtower letterhead with the Pennsylvania address. I want to say it was in the early to mid-1990s when they went to the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". It was about the same time that the organization instructed everyone to stop using the phrase "The Society"(short for Watchtower Bible and Tract Society).

For example - "The Society says true Christians should..."

This was also about the time of the Overlapping Generations.

• steve2
    steve2

So, what does this have to do with the threat of Mike and Kim's YouTube site being taken down?

We've had perhaps two maybe three different new topics on this in recent weeks - and one conclusion is that they have repeatedly ignored demands to cease using so much copyrighted material.

YouTube gives a specified period of time for those who use its platform to either provide a justification for the use of so much copyrighted material, modify the content of existing videos or remove the "offending" videos.

Although the move to close down their channel fits in perfectly with Kim and Mikey's breathlessly persecutory outlook, a more mundane explanation lies behind their claims.

JW organization has far bigger and more compelling fish to fry than a couple of well-intentioned but prone-to/sensationalism ex-JWs whose message in the past little while has become increasingly shrill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit