Lost on how to respond...

by babygirl30 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No matter what you have done Jehovah has the ability to forgive you.

Now that is an interesting comment one could comment on (if you're not worried about burning the bridge).

Tell him that you are quite certain that Jehovah HAS FORGIVEN YOU. It's just the "imperfect men" that refuse to do so. BTW -- That would be the same group of "imperfect men" that have no problem forgiving all the other "imperfect men" who get all the "Last Day - End of the World" predictions wrong. If we/they forgive THEM for their failures, how hypocritical that they refuse to forgive YOU for yours.

I think their top dude Jesus had something to say about Hypocrites.

Good luck and glad you're here among forgiving and understanding friends,

Doc

• just fine
    just fine
    I wouldn't respond - he is not going to listen to anything you say anyway. Plus all the JWs in my life can't stand it if you don't engage them.
  • zeb
    zeb

what is Jehovah's forgiveness policy on the 1000 + cases of confessed child abuse that elders didn't report to the police in Australia.?

and ; It remains eternally sad that jw when they haven't seen some one for an age drop instantly into wt speak. A sr I bumped into suddenly started up with how .."long since I have seen you " etc. I was not nasty nor dismissing but said "Well I still live in the same house". But jw of course can do nothing unless it is under the umbrella of the org.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

So after some thought, I just HAD to respond, and here is what I said....

"So let this be MY one time I speak on things...

I knew you for years. Whether I am a JW or not, whether I ever come back or not - I am still someone you called a 'friend'. If in 8yrs of not speaking or seeing each other, the ONLY thing you can say to me is not (how are you) or even (are you ok) - but telling me how I need to come back because Ive been out long enough...then I have to question the genuiness of your concern as a whole. You were a nice guy, a hard worker, and a good friend. But these passing years have shown me that a lot of familal love/friendships were conditional, and I have no need for that in my life at this age.

So thank you for 'worrying' and for the record I am doing well, Im happy, and I enjoy the life I have chosen. All in all, I appreciate the concern.... 😆"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

If in 8yrs of not speaking or seeing each other..

So the Guy couldn`t be bothered with you for 8 years?

the ONLY thing you can say to me is not (how are you) or even (are you ok) - but telling me how I need to come back because Ive been out long enough..

When he does contact you it`s to preach,nothing more..

So thank you for 'worrying'

He`s not worried about you,he`s counting time..

If you don`t respond with the right answer..He`s Gone..

...........Image result for hasta la vista baby gif

• steve2
    steve2

Babygirl30, wow - very nice to-the-point answer. Not rude, but frank about what you think of his reply. Self-empowering words!

• zeb
    zeb
    I agree with steve2. You have put it beautifully.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Nice response. Much better than what I was going to recommend, which was:

"Don't tell me you still believe in that bullshit. I'll be here for support if you ever wake up."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Great response!
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Thank-you, i will remember you in my prayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit