Just finished reading COC whoa!

by Thunder Rider 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I had a sister tell me that the reason she would NOT read CoC was because she knew it was right and as long as she didn't read the book she didn't have to do anything about it. She had no vested interest to protect either. She came from a loving non-JW family and did not get baptized until she was about 27, so she also had friends and had already gone to college. And she was not looking for a husband. she was not a pioneer. She had no reason to stay in.

Ravyn

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I read that book a few months ago and was very enlightened by what I read.Although I wasn't prepared for the emotional trip that followed after I read it. Knowing what I know now I could never go back to that org even if I wanted to.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo
    It took me over a month of reading every night before bed, but last night i finished reading Crisis Of Conscience. I was amazed by what I read. The extent of disregard for peoples feelings and lack of human kindness to those who had given a major part of their lives to theocratic service, made me sick. To hear of how some of them were disfellowshiped offhandedly for trivialities, in their latter stages of life, was disgusting.

It made me cry.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I re- read some of CoC last night. The attitude that Franz was able to keep while being subjected to such underhanded actions by the GB was remarkable/ I'm ashamed to say that I can't feel as forgiving as he. He contributed more than twice as much of his life to the WTS than I had and my anger at the lies is near rage right now.

I never accepted before that my life would some day end. I was keeping my eyes on the prize. Now I have to cram a lifetime of expolration and real living into the limited time I have left. With my family history that could be as little as 20 years.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and I will be reading In Search of next.

==}>>>>>>>>>>

Thunder

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit