New York City...OMG What Is Happening??

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Look at the New York Post online today and watch the videos of mayhem and destruction to the city with fires all over Manhattan. The police vehicles are being destroyed and torched and the rioting just goes on and on.

I regularly went to NYC sometimes once a month for years. Now, who on earth would want to go to this hellhole??

The Mayor and Governor have to do SOMETHING! No one wants to stop the mayhem and these groups are getting more emboldened by the day.

So sad and demoralizing to see.😳

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

You hit the nail on the head! They are getting more emboldened by the day! Just imagine if liberals controlled the whole country!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I really don't know what set off this powder keg around the country.

- Trump

- Election Year

- Death of Gerald Ford

- COVID-19

- Unemployment

The list could go on. It just seems difficult for me to understand why the shit hits the fan across the entire country.

Many in the news (and Republicans) blame Democratic Governors in large cities. But that has been the way it is for many, many years. Things never seemed to blow up nationally like the way it is now.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

things have been blowing up in dem controlled urban areas for years. its just that young white people are out and involved mow

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Youth today are getting hit with all kinds of problems, such as the Covid virus problem which is creating high levels of unemployment for young people.

This situation alone is creating a lot of anxiety, strife, depression the list goes on.

They direct their grief toward the controlling governments as causing these problems , the Police abuse scenario just stoked that anger up even more.

Trump the white corporate elitist who is power right now may be another instigating factor.

The reason these protesting groups have been so violent and disrespectful to the police is because they see them as part of the problem.

The diversionary political ideologies within the US right now is the highest I've ever seen it. I can see this continuing on right up to the next general election.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

so they smash up and burn their own neighbourhood. then tomorrow moan about all the wreckage and empty shops.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

so they smash up and burn their own neighbourhood

@stan ...

I really never understood that either. If I was that pissed at someone who lived in another area I would burn down their stuff, not the stuff in my own neighborhood.

It's like having an argument with your neighbor and then going home and setting your own car on fire. Do you like go and get pissed at him and say, "See, look at what I did?"

Or getting into fight with someone and you start to punch yourself in the face.

I don't get it.

• LV101
    LV101

No worries - BLM power grab will redo everything with the hard working slaves of America -- the taxpayers. Anyone check out the BLM website and follow links where the donations actually go -- yep, the Democratic party. What a surprise. Georg-i Soros just donated another $100 mil chunk change - I didn't read on BLM but have received info via Messenger or other online media updates.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus
    Just imagine if liberals controlled the whole country!

So, what President controls the whole country, now?

• LV101
    LV101

Unfortunately, Stan, Manhattan, Seattle are beautiful, cosmopolitan cities. Portland is (was) a great place, also, and these are NOT the hoods of thugs and gov't housing/handouts. These are multi-million dollar apts., some of the world's most prestigious dwellings and designer shopping. Manhattan was the safest place on earth considering the population/$$$ thanks to Mayor Giuliani and the NYPD. Seattle is (was) one of the greatest cities - beautiful. I can't believe what's happened to Chicago (another great US city at one time) and San Francisco. There's no leadership in these cities but they've an agenda - I'm sure it's something really special -- fireworks nightly!

Yeah - the above-referenced slur re/this is caused by President Trump is more stupidity - lack of research and knowledge.

The "police abuse," (unimaginable!) was just an excuse - every day it's another devastating blow by the LEFT for power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit