New York City...OMG What Is Happening??

by minimus 56 Replies latest jw friends

• wolverines
    wolverines

Anna I can not keep up I quit trying. LOL

• TD
    TD

The NYC police department cost taxpayers in excess of 68 million dollars in misconduct lawsuits in 2019 alone, bringing the total to over 400 million for the 2014 - 2019 period.

Wrongful shootings, beating deaths, choke hold deaths, sodomy of suspects with a broom handle, stun gun coercion, you name it, they are one of the most corrupt departments in the country. -The only one I'm aware of where the officers themselves rioted (!)

I understand that it's tempting to say that much more force is necessary, but the American people as a group have not historically responded well to that. -Not when they feel they have a legitimate complaint.

• LV101
    LV101

We had no unemployment before the Chi-Com and Left's perfect storm. We clearly had economic fall out and unemployment under Obama/Biden but they outsourced everything imaginable -- all our factories/businesses to China. Global-wealth contracts with Chi-Coms started under Horndog Clinton - he was all about the American worker and family - right! Obama/Biden really pleased China and personal payouts not half bad.

I'm hearing more deaths under Obama's Sars but have not confirmed - ya know, the one he ordered all testing be stopped! It wasn't even a topic on big media until 60,000 deaths had been recorded and someone squealed on the thug Obama. I don't have facts more died during the Sars and doubt they're accurate -- or H1N1/Swine. No shutdowns and economy was still mess.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

What’s the solution? Give more support to people who have lost their jobs, and less money for wealthy business owners

Sounds good to me. After all, we all know that it is out of work people with no money that drive the economy, and not people who work, earn money, or invest it in growing businesses that EMPLOY people.

• wolverines
    wolverines

What the left is doing is suicide. One way or another its suicide. If there are enough people in the US with common sense they will be voted out, if not then what they are pushing is like a druggie taking 10x the max dose of Heroin. Either way they will kill them-self. One way they take us down with them. The other its only them that die.

• wolverines
    wolverines

This is what the left has devolved into. Now they are Bagdad Bob. What riots I don't see any riots. Ohhh those riots, well they are mostly peaceful. OJ Simpson was mostly peaceful the night he killed his wife. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/27/police-clash-with-rioters-in-smaller-oregon-city/

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    But there are plenty of others who died in even more egregious examples of police misconduct. They would have been much more appropriate symbols for the protests to rally around.

Those examples are unusable: those dead men were white.

• LauraV
    LauraV

Look at the New York Post online today and watch the videos of mayhem and destruction to the city with fires all over Manhattan

Live here in New York all my life and read the ny Post and NY Daily News everyday and watch the local news. There are no fires all over Manhattan, perhaps you can explain more clearly what you are referring to

• minimus
    minimus

Look at the New York post online article with video of all the different areas in Manhattan that are being destroyed. Not too difficult to figure out

• LauraV
    LauraV

your original post says fires, big difference between protesters and raging fires

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit