Evolutionist on their deathbed.

by Nimble duck 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Please don't feed the animals.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    I would really like to read the thoughts of an evolutionist as they lie on their deathbed. . . . Their terrors. Their nightmares. Their fears.

My absolute worst deathbed fear would be that I wasted my life arguing over stupid shit with someone I don't even know on the internet.

• deegee
    deegee

There, there Nimble Duck, we understand. We know just how important it is for you to believe in the afterlife. And well why not, if it helps you get a good nights sleep.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I would really like to read the thoughts of an evolutionist as they lie on their deathbed. Their "honest to noGod" thoughts. Their terrors. Their nightmares. Their fears.

I would like to crawl deep into the recesses of their mind and see it for myself.

Do they really believe all that noise they spread? As they lay there contemplating their final breaths, do they really believe that soon, they will cease to exist, in a dying world that teeters on the brink of annihilation, a world that wont remember them and that will one day cease to exist also.

Do they really believe that they will be gone, truly gone, forever, like they never existed in the first place?

Or in that final time, do they entertain that ever prevalent notion that they will go to heaven, or be resurrected, or even come back as a goat. That somehow, somewhere, it's not really "over", done, finito?.

And who the fuck are you for me to even bother addressing you?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Mark Twain Posters nail it. Awesome!!

For my part:

Religion = Fear of Death X Fear of Life

• deegee
    deegee

Finkelstein,

Mark Twain said it best.

It’s pure egotism, a false assessment of ones importance in the cosmos if we should believe otherwise.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    I've read all the post so far and what I see are people feeling uncomfortable, squirming.
    Yep, I'm an X, but still hanging in there and educating people out the door.
    Squirm squirm

Squirm? Yes you made me squirm with this comment:

Yep, I'm an X, but still hanging in there and educating people out the door.

So your another one of those people who think they are educating believing JW's? Helping them to get out? What makes me squirm is that you actually have nothing to say other then 'follow me'. Your a know it all......... but know nothing. Facts, logic, etc. all are missing.

A Troll and nothing more.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    According to the Positivist Religion of Compte, people of reason go down in the history books, but I don't equate acceptance of evolution as denial of the God of Abraham, since the Torah was recompiled during the Babylonian captivity, and so any irrational fables that came to pollute Genesis can easily be blamed on Babylonian syncretism.
  • deegee
    deegee
    Religion = Fear of Death X Fear of Life

Religion and Nimble Duck have made death something to be feared. So people cling on to an afterlife to avoid facing up to their own oblivion.

Chimp DNA is 99 % human, what a difference though that 1% makes. God sent his son to save us, but poor old chimp just missed out he can go to hell. What’s in that extra 1%? Maybe that’s the bit that goes flying off to the afterlife in another universe?

We are mammals with 99% chimp DNA with the same prognosis as far as our eventual destiny is concerned. A wild beast gets eaten by a crocodile, it comes out as sh*t at the other end. Exactly the same happens when the crocodile eats a man.

So what happens to the two consciousnesses now? The wild beast's remains inside the crocodile/it's faeces but the man’s goes flying off to some other dimension?

Ecclesiastes 3:19:
    "Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless."

1 Peter 1:24:

"For all flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls off."

Psalm 103:15 - 16:

"As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field; for the wind passes over it, and it is gone, and its place knows it no more."

Also Isaiah 40:6-7, 51:12; James 1:10.

• TD
    TD

Nimble Duck

With respect, I think you're making a very common and very human mistake. (Unless of course, your opening post was intended as satire.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit