Evolutionist on their deathbed.

by Nimble duck 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nimble duck
    Nimble duck

I would really like to read the thoughts of an evolutionist as they lie on their deathbed. Their "honest to noGod" thoughts. Their terrors. Their nightmares. Their fears.

I would like to crawl deep into the recesses of their mind and see it for myself.

Do they really believe all that noise they spread? As they lay there contemplating their final breaths, do they really believe that soon, they will cease to exist, in a dying world that teeters on the brink of annihilation, a world that wont remember them and that will one day cease to exist also.

Do they really believe that they will be gone, truly gone, forever, like they never existed in the first place?

Or in that final time, do they entertain that ever prevalent notion that they will go to heaven, or be resurrected, or even come back as a goat. That somehow, somewhere, it's not really "over", done, finito?..

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

in a dying world that teeters on the brink of annihilation, a world that wont remember them and that will one day cease to exist also.

You must have read too many Watchtower and Awake magazines from the fear mongering Watchtower Corporation .

You do realize this organization is a lying corrupt commercial fraud don't you ?

• deegee
    deegee

ND,

What is your motive/objective?

Are you trying to use the fear of death to scare people into believing in an afterlife?

Has anyone been back from the dead and personally told you about their conversation with God, what he/she said to God and vice versa, and provided you with the details of what the afterlife is like?

I imagine the fear of death is the reason why you believe in an afterlife?

Perhaps our notion of self-importance is what causes us to believe that we shouldn't become nothing at death but we should live on ad infinitum instead?

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

It doesn't change reality. I can't stand the idea of ceasing to exist, the thought that life will go on without me. Wishing it to be otherwise unfortunately does not make it so, and is not evidence that there is an afterlife. I'm sure on my deathbed, when facing the reality of my mortality mores than now, I will wish that it didn't have to be that way, that I could live on in another realm. But again, it will make no difference to reality.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Do they really believe that they will be gone, truly gone, forever, like they never existed in the first place?

• deegee
    deegee

Now we see why people believe in religion/God - they can't stand the idea that death is the end of them.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Are you an ex-JW Nimble Duck? You haven't introduced yourself and your story. Are you still a theist or deist since leaving? Or are you a creationist here to troll atheists?

You talk a lot about pseudoscience etc and critical thinking. I cannot speak for all the other atheists here, but I am an atheist now simply because I applied the same critical thinking to Watchtower pseudoscience and creationism as I did to the religion itself and its theological speculations. I also applied the same critical thinking to the hypothesis that the Bible is the inspired word of God. And I could come to no other conclusion that it is not. Therefore I could only conclude that there is no God, or that there is a Deist God - i.e., one who started the universe, but is now absent from it.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Imagine the theist fearing eternity in hell?

what an awful thought

im not ready to die yet, but as an old man years from now I don't fear death.

I actually have quite a bit of peace about that

theists talk about this stuff to fluff up their egos. They laugh about others dying. Very "Christian".

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do they really believe all that noise they spread?.....ND

LIKE, Like, like.....

Watchtower/JW Paradise?

Where Lions All Have Beach Balls?!!

Image result for Small arrow pointing down

Image result for Watchtower paradise

• Nimble duck
    Nimble duck

I've read all the post so far and what I see are people feeling uncomfortable, squirming.

Yep, I'm an X, but still hanging in there and educating people out the door.

Squirm squirm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit