BIG news Trump...His lewd conversation leaks.

by James Mixon 97 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

Well I guess I was wrong - this is a bigger deal than I expected.

What kills me is the Republican reaction to this.

For 16 months we've had the following:

Trump: "Mexicans are rapists and murderers"

GOP: "We're on board with that"

Trump: "Let's impose a religious test for anyone entering the country"

GOP: "Sounds good to us!"

Trump: "Let's forcibly expel 11 million people who have lived here for years or decades, breaking up their families if needed"

GOP: "Awesome idea!"

Trump: "Women are pigs and slobs. Their value is entirely measurable by their physical attractiveness"

GOP: "Keepin' it real, that Donald of ours!"

And now, all of a sudden:

Trump: "I sexually assault women and get away with it because I'm famous"

GOP: "We are shocked - shocked! to discover that our candidate is morally degenerate."

Hey, I'm thankful - whatever is bad for Trump is good for the country. I just can't wrap my head around that it is this which is imploding his campaign.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Sir82 :

Trump: "I sexually assault women and get away with it because I'm famous"
    GOP: "We are shocked - shocked! to discover that our candidate is morally degenerate."
    Hey, I'm thankful - whatever is bad for Trump is good for the country. I just can't wrap my head around that it is this which is imploding his campaign.

It sounds like a straw that broke the camel's back, doesn't it?

A little thing like sexual assault.

The difference between the "straw" and the other ignorant things that Rump has said...is that the "straw" is illegal. And, the "straw" affects 51% of all the other groups that Rump has insulted and it takes a slice of 51% of his own voters.

Sexual assault is more than just morally degenerate. It is illegal.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

What many fail to realize is that for those on the right there are huge and important issues at stake should another democratic president be elected into office. I myself for instance, am terribly conflicted (and as my luck would have it, this is the first election I will vote on as a fresh out exjw). Issues important to me:

-The next supreme court nominee

-Government controlled healthcare

-Gov infringing into religious rights and matters of conscience

-Increases in regulation and taxes

-President overstepping authority with countless "executive actions"

-National debt

Now, what do I do? Trump is an absolute asshole, a clown, and someone I would not want representing this great nation. Unfortunately he's the one that ~30 percent of the party voted for to become it's nominee. Hillary, on the other hand, will further policies that go contrary what I believe are good for the country, and instead will make it continue down a long-term path that I believe is no good. So, what do I do?

Some in my situation attempt to justify Trump's behavior and actions, because they have no choice. Me, I can't. He's an idiot. The party is getting what it deserves even though it was really a minority of it that elected trump as it's nominee.

Yet, I still have to vote for someone. My only option is to vote for Hillary as president and for repubs in congress, perhaps to attempt to balance the powers and prevent some of her agenda? It's just so twisted tho.

I just don't know. Again, we are just f*cked.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'am not as bad as B. Clinton, what the hell is he saying. I'am not as a bigger pervert as Bill....Why does he continue to bring up Bill, he is not on the ticket.....

He brings that up to challenge "why judge me by a different standard" than that of Bill Clinton (or John Kennedy), and more importantly, why is a woman (wife) of a philanderer who enables and supports her sex addict husband any better?

What Trump said can be heard in any locker room at any gym or country club every day of the week. Yes, it's "juvenile" and "sexist", but it really is the way things are and the fact of whether you like it or not will not change it. My wife's comment was "Don't these people already know that all men are assholes?"

Many people are simply fed up with "political correctness" and this won't cause them to lose a bit of sleep. They are more concerned with seeing someone who will stand up for America instead of "giving away the farm". It didn't cost anyone their life. Benghazi did. The Iranian cash for hostages will cost future lives. Not to mention that everywhere the Clinton's go, they leave a trail of dead bodies. . . . . (and female assault victims). . . . Doc

• baker
    baker

Maybe Obama will step in and postpone the elections, to save us from 2 evils, just what some have predicted...

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DoC: What Trump said can be heard in any locker room at any gym or country club every day of the week. Yes, it's "juvenile" and "sexist", but it really is the way things are and the fact of whether you like it or not will not change it. My wife's comment was "Don't these people already know that all men are assholes?"

Not ALL men are assholes.

In fact, I have read several rebuttals written by male journalists who are appalled that a man would blatantly encourage sexual assault. They don't like being lumped into the same boat as Rump. Lots of men would not speak like that, ever.

It is more than juvenile or sexist. It is condoning illegal behavior.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

SNL: H.Clinton ask, you think Trump will step out of the race?? Clinton "Oh no no, please let him stay in". (Desirous), most 59 year old men do not talk about women in that way, only some creepy guy....

• sir82
    sir82

Sexual assault is more than just morally degenerate. It is illegal.

True.

I should have added into my imaginary conversations all the illegal things Trump has suggested:

Trump: "We should use the military to commit war crimes"

GOP: "Sounds like a good use of resources!"

Trump: "Hey Russian hackers, you ought to interfere in the US political process"

GOP: "Perfectly fine with us!"

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

UKIP's Nigel Farage reckons that Trump's comments about women were "no more than alpha-male boasting".

He's wrong. Alpha-males would never do such a thing. He must have been referring to *aspiring* alpha-males.

Like him and Trump.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Many people are simply fed up with "political correctness" and this won't cause them to lose a bit of sleep. They are more concerned with seeing someone who will stand up for America instead of "giving away the farm".

I too, am fed up. But are we willing to put this man in power because he has no filter? This is enough to be President?

There is a vacuousness in his speech that is an indication of what is (not) going on in his head. The man is completely clueless about most issues in the world. Saying "this is a disaster" doesn't qualify you for anything.

If you watched the debate you noticed an important difference. Hillary spoke of issues intelligently, offered specific solutions, described matters in a way it's obvious she at least understands them. Trump on the other hand simply trashed the country, and said everything is a disaster because of Hillary. Yet, no plan, no solution, no reason why anybody would think he can do any better.

I'm not Hillary fan, but at least she is the only adult in the conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit