Bringing reproach on Jehovah's name.

by ScottyRex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Kevin McFree
    Kevin McFree

you hope for new light yet the .org put out a video just a few days ago saying WE WILL NEVER CHANGE our teaching on the two witness rule, so you unfortunately will never get relief from the indefensible way of handling child abuse.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Reproach needs to be brought on Jehovah's name(tm) along with the Watch-Tower/Watchtower corporation, to high light the child rape that they maliciously cover up.

• Divergent
    Divergent

ScottyRex:

I have thought long and hard about this, you know in those midnight hours.

Obviously not long and hard enough

• cha ching
    cha ching

"We don't want to bring reproach on Jehovah's name" I always wondered why this was said..... Isn't letting child abuse go on and on and on a 'reproach'?

If someone 'cleared up the problem', it wouldn't be a 'reproach', it would be a victory... it would make someone have a good name.

Why do JWS say this? Why do they think reporting child sex abuse would "Bring reproach on 'Jehovah's name'? Jehovah himself wrote about Manassah offering up kids, David sleeping with his friends wife and then killing him. If this isn't a 'reproach' what is? Jehovah wasn't afraid to "make this public"....

There is no reason to say 'it's bringing a reproach on God's name'.... it has already been done by not taking care of the problem.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The JWS religion is a seductive cult of corruption centered around its operating publi$hing house. --Finkelstein

Where have you been for the last 2.5 decades? The wt has been giving out free literature. What publishing house does the wt operate now? Your theory is demolished.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The wt has been giving out free literature

Well Fishy it didn't start out that way did it ? , there was a slight profit margin noted before the donation program started.(1980's)

The point I was making is that the WTS created doctrines intentionally to attract attention to its literature, 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 all these proclaimed dates were devised to heighten interest to the literature, they were not strongly supported scripturaly or by secular knowledge.

People dumped a huge amount of money to this publishing house, gave land up, gave the their last will up, gave up education, gave up getting married or having children etc. for doctrines which were inherently corrupt.

All they had to do keep saying was the end is any day now, the close of this system of things is about to occur.

It played the roll of a fear mongering apocalyptic publishing house well, probably the biggest and most longest operating one to ever existence..

The propagating lies of this organization are well documented in their own literature, .

I recently pointed out just one example, the 6000 existence of mankind, which was used 3 times over the years.

So not a theory, its a fact most of the doctrines established by the WTS are bogus but were devised with an underlining agenda.

Whats wrong fisherman have you still got one foot inside a Kingdom Hall and just quite pull it completely out yet ?

• jp1692
    jp1692

ScottyRex: I feel that the JW's do have the truth.

What exactly is this "truth" that you feel that JWs and JWs alone have?

While you're pondering that, please also ponder this: Truth, real truth, is not a tangible thing which any one individual or group can possess to the exclusion of all others. That is illogical and a misuse of the word.

Similarly, if I know something that is true, I will still know it if I choose to no longer associate with any particular person or group of people. Also, if I share it with another person, they will know what I have shared regardless if they ever see me again.

The whole concept of exclusive "Truth" as put forth by JWs is just a manipulative method used to control people and make them feel special. With a little investigation you will find that this particular control method has been used by countless groups throughout the history of humankind. It is a hallmark of cults.

That's right, you're in a cult.

It's shocking I know, but it's the truth--the real truth.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I feel that the JW's do have the truth. I really do.

Then theres nothing to discuss.

You agree with shunning those who merely disagree with the Governing Body.

You agree with shunning ex-members no matter what the reason they left or were disfellowshipped.

You agree with slavery seeing as the bible has never condemned this barbaric practice.

You agree with the subjugation of women.

You agree that of all the people on all the earth, THIS man is one of seven personally chosen by God almighty to lead 8 million people:

You do understand that in another 10 years what they're teaching now will most likely not be considered "the truth" and will be old light right?

Seriously, you do what you want. But you cant have read Crises Of Conscience and still be thinking they have "the truth"???

Since when did God need to trickle information down to his people?

P.S. I openly blaspheme that impotent god Jehovah on a daily basis. So far no harm has come to me... why, it's almost as if he doesn't exist.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The point I was making is that the WTS created doctrines intentionally to attract attention to its literature, 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 all these proclaimed dates were devised to heighten interest to the literature,

Boloney and stop lying to yourself. WTS really believed what they taught -they still do. And stop lying about wt intentions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

WTS really believed what they taught

Yes they really believed what they were saying was going to attract attention to their literature, for that they were right, they exploited the basic belief in the bible present within the general population.

Exploiting people's ignorance and insecurities is how they were able to attract a small amount of people.

Well Fish if you still believe there was no intentional maliciousness, why aren't you going door to door with the WTS's literature in hand ?

You want to appease God dont you ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit