Bringing reproach on Jehovah's name.

by ScottyRex 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Alfred
    Alfred

Here's "The Truth":

The 7 clowns in Warwick will NEVER mention John Aquila Brown or his book "The Even Tide" (1823) in any Watchtower publication because they know that this will result in the end of their plush lifestyle.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello.

As a born in I was a true Believer because WT/JW..org told me their slant on what I was to think and do and that there are repercussions such as shunning if you question anything they write or say.

Before I got on the internet, as an Elder's wife of 40 years, I saw and was surrounded by WT corruption and hypocrisy so bad I knew I couldn't stay in that religious corporation any longer. When I turned here to Simon's site, I was floundering. Everything I was told to believe was a lie. What was I to do now?

The posters especially Leolaia and jgnet helped greatly but Snare&Racket PM me when I had a question. He told me kindly that there were other and older civilizations than the Bible. He himself after leaving London's Bethel had questions the Elders did not want to hear or answer. He left those unthinking took his personal time while stuying to be a Doctor and teaching himself Latin to help me to start using my head and start to question. Is something a true fact or someone just said something? He made me do my own research.

You are waking up. Hopefully, you will educate yourself about this world, that goes further back than WT/JW..org 6,000 years of mankind's existance.

Hint: It didn't start with a naked lady and a talking snake.

• waton
    waton

Rex, I will not be as harsh as cofty was not. There are only a few bible texts that stand the scientific test of time, and even then wt does often totally contradict them, Those texts might have been useful in their time, not now.

Stay away from sneaky snakes and naked ladies away from their husbands.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

If bringing reproach on Jehovah's name is such a bad thing... then why have the Jehovah's Witnesses made his name a joke?

For the amount of 'witnessing' they do, no one knows what 'Jehovah' means. Think about all the jokes about Jehovah's Witnesses. Most of them are inaccurate at best, but the mainstream comprehension is that Jehovah's Witnesses are a joke. They are those people who bother you by knocking on your door and making you listen to... whatever they make you listen to. They are weird. And then, people hear about the abuse.

I don't think the powers that be care about 'bringing reproach on Jehovah's name'. I think they just use that as a tool to control their members.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799
    I find this very difficult to defend, and I think the WTBTS has got this so wrong.They need to change.
    Bringing reproach on Jehovah's name is very serious.I would implore again that they re-think.
    This is difficult to defend at work when others know of my beliefs.
    More importantly, no child should suffer. That is the main.

Then how can they possibly have God's "spirit"

• steve2
    steve2

I hadn't realized Scotty joined 8 years ago.

I suspect none of this is new to him.

JW organization has always attracted a larger number of people than those who are active.

Scotty is one of them.

They are never quite in the organization and never quite out. They are helplessly caught in the organization's orbit. They know things are not right - man, do they know it! but they're stuck on reefs of "Reform" being the answer.

They forget that "Reformations" have dogged Christianity since day 1.

History bulges with the good intentions of people caught up in a flawed religious system that they cannot let go and who believe all that is needed is a reform.

Best of luck Scotty. If anyone could have brought reform it was Ray Franz; his fault was he had a good brain and realized organized religion is a doomed endeavour that sucks in as many as it can manipulate.

I doubt you'll resolve your cognitive dissonance. I predict that in a year's time - or in five or ten years - your preferred orbit will not have changed. Jehovah, the vengeful, murderous, genocidal god of the Bible, will dog your every waking minute and stain your dreams with dread.

• Reazon22
    Reazon22

Hey Scotty,

Is it because you miss your family? I can uunderstand if you feel that’s what you need to do. But I know it isn’t the truth because of the filtered information i grew up on. Do you know I walked around judging people who weren’t JW’s but in the back of mind I’m asking why did God create us if he already has his people? I just examined the facts and made my decision.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Cofty: The greatest wish of every JW that 99.9% of the men, women and children on the planet should be destroyed.

Lies! Nothing but apostate lies! There are 7.6 billion people on the planet and, at last count, 8.13 million Jehovah’s Witnesses. That means the non-JW portion of the population which is lined up for anhilation is only 99.893%

If you can get something like this SO wrong then obviously the rest of your so called reasoning cannot be trusted.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Scotty is just one of those guys who left the "truth" but the :truth" never left them and they go back & forth in and out for years without ever coming to an accurate knowledge of what the real TRUTH really is.

Basically the reason is because it`s an emotional feel good feeling they get with the indoctrination and the false friendships that exist at Kingdom halls.

People like him/her have never really tested whether what the WT/GB say is factual and just take it on face value without doing their own private research of non JW material.

Do yourself a favour Scotty and research all that JW`s have preached these past 140 odd years then if you still think JW`s have the truth you deserve each other.

{ You have been on here for 8 years and you still haven`t learnt TTATT ? }

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Scotty - I do feel that they have the 'Truth' I do understand they are imperfect, and I think they have had to 'refine' their teachings

Thank you for your honesty. Looking at this statement though, I can't see it as any more than self contradicting. How can you refine 'truth'. Neither can you 'have' truth. Truth just is. No corporation can own it.

If truth needs refining, then it isn't truth, it's just opinion.

I see nothing wrong with this. The light gets brighter and all that.

Many of us see a lot wrong with this. The 'light getting brighter(tm)' is from a scripture that is totally taken out of context.

I feel like I'm wasting my breath...........................but................you're posting here on an apostate(tm) (another thing taken out of context), when you're not allowed to.......................you must be waking up.

Either you know it's not the 'truth(tm)' and are questioning........or you're hopelessly confused and stuck in a rut.

Steve - They are never quite in the organisation and never quite out. They are helplessly caught in the organisation's orbit.

I'm with this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit