Judge sanctions WTS - $4k per day penalty for not producing sex abuse documents

by Simon 221 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

The court orders a warrant to seize all paper files and computers from Watchtower headquarters.

26 sheriffs storm through the front door. Assistants bring in dozens of 4 wheel dollies to carry out

the files.

Three trucks with 40 foot trailers parked outside, waiting to be filled with Watchtower evidence.

That will get someone's attention. YessireeBob! That'll do it!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm not a lawyer and nore do I live in America but the thing that gets me is can't they get the police involved and seize the documents. I'm guessing perhaps because it a civil case rather than criminal.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

Showed the wife this on her way out the door to the convention assembly regional cult fest this morning. Asked why does she think they are withholding the documents Ceasar is demanding. She said it makes since if they are appealing. Then asked why they would appeal and not just give him the documents to prevent any reproach on God's organization if there was nothing to hide.

The dog barked next door and she drove away.

#bestconventionever!

• cha ching
    cha ching

$1, 460,000 a year? eh! That's less than one 20 cent ice cream cone per publisher a year! Go Caleb & Sophia!

• kairos
    kairos

The bunker videos make so much more sense, now.

It's the GB in the bunker, not everyday JWs.

It's the GB and WTBTS who the courts are going after.

Persecution my ass! They just got caught, that's all.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just watched the Saturday propaganda at the RC. It was very well produced! Maybe the WT did it, or had it done?

Despite the production, I had to wonder, "How does this flashy production help sexual abuse victims?"

As it stands, 99.9% of Dubs are ignorant of WTBTS corruption. Therefore, they are egocentric, focused on Pandadise, not on reality.

The WTBTS needs to be exposed. This is the only way that some may be shocked awake from the Matrix.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Vidiot and OC,

When those words were spoken I am sure my mouth was just hanging open like a dummy. It was too rich!

There is more but I can't say publicly. Truth is, they don't have the resources to fight all the cases. They have several high power firms across the US they use.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why can't you say? Are you bound by Attorney/Client privilige?

Why would you not share?

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Crazyguy: Unfortunately that only about 1.5 million per year. The watchtower could just ingnore the court for years.

But what if it multiple cases like these occur. Fifty cases throughout the U.S. would add up to $75 million per year. Even ten would take a pound of flesh from them.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

It might ONLY be $1.5 million but think how many awakes and watchtowers that would have paid for

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit