"Do you believe that the 'faithful slave' is God's channel of communication?"

by The Fall Guy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Yeah, the Holy Bible says that we would be having an "All American" faithful and discreet slave during the last days to communicate and save the whole world.

• Jofi_Wofo
    Jofi_Wofo

- Jesus didn't describe the faithful & discreet slave as a channel of communication, so it is a scripturally invalid question.

- 1 Tim 2:5, Jesus is the only mediator between God and men, so it is a scripturally invalid question.

- Mark 9:38-40, Jesus chastised his handpicked spirit-appointed apostles for thinking they were the only ones used by Jesus to perform signs and spread his message, therefore it is a scripturally invalid question.

- How do we know who is annointed? Because the anointed, themselves, say so. How do we know that only the GB are the faithful and discreet slave? Because the GB, themselves say so. Proverbs 14:15 warns us against believing every word.

- Humans used as God's channel of communication are, by the very definition of the term, prophets. If prophets make false predictions, they are false prophets - Deuteronomy 18:20-22. The GB has an extremely long history of disseminating false predictions and, even by their own standards, false doctrine and false assertions of scientific and historical fact. To continue to believe that God uses them as his channel of communication is to blame GOD for every wrong thing the organization has ever taught.

- To follow false prophets makes you an apostate.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I'd answer that question by saying WTF! For about 80 years the "faithful and discreet slave" didn't even know who who the "faithful and discreet slave" was. So how do we know that "they" got it right this time? Answer..We don't know and neither do "they"!

just saying!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If a JW had the nerve to ask me this question, I'd soil myself

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Right on. The alleged FDS in 1919 had no clue of such appointment. They were teaching that Pastor Russell was that slave....right up to 1931 when Rutherford changed it back to the 144,000.

Good questions to ask JWs

Can you name the original members Jesus appointed?

How do you know they were appointed when they didn't know themselves?

On what bases were they selected?

Who told you these men were selected?

How do you know this mandate was passed on to WT leaders right up to the present?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

HaHaHaHa !!!! My first response to the Thread Title.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

They are no longer "Faithful", they have not upheld gods laws so no they are not gods channel of communication anymore!

In fact they never were.

By the way I do not believe god exists, if he did he would surely have put a stop to all this bs that is happening in the name of god,dont you think!!!

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@punkofnice, you made my day. Rofl

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit