"Do you believe that the 'faithful slave' is God's channel of communication?"

by The Fall Guy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zoos
    Zoos

The governing body has stated THEMSELVES that it is not necessary for them to identify who IS or who IS NOT a member of the 144,000 (which is a requirement for being a member of the "faithful slave". The governing body has stated that many people who think they are members of the 144,000 may be emotionally disturbed.

I would ask anyone, especially the governing body member ( who MAY or MAY NOT be emotionally disturbed) why "They bind up heavy loads [of identification] and put them on the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger."

• zeb
    zeb

Does anyone recall the famous line by Jackson at the CARC?

"It would be presumptuous to say we are the only....."

• blondie
    blondie

I guess that means the WTS IS presumptuous.

• blondie
    blondie

What is the WTS definition of presumptousness?

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017246#h=12:0-13:383

What are “presumptuous acts”? By definition, when someone rashly or impertinently does something that he is not authorized to do, he is acting presumptuously. Because of inherited sin, we all act presumptuously at times. But as King Saul’s example illustrates, if we develop a pattern of pushing ahead, sooner or later we will find ourselves in serious trouble with God. Psalm 119:21 says of Jehovah: “You rebuke the presumptuous.” Why is that?

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

Looking at 14th August 2015 Australian royal commission into organisational responses to child sexual abuse Day155 transcript page 15937 lines 37 /38 , Geoffrey Jackson is seen to be using deception and obfuscation to give a non-answer, as is his M.O. throughout the hearing, when he uses the crafty and cunning, smooth talk and weasel words of watchtower by saying, "That I think would seem to be quite presumptuous to say that we are the only spokesperson that God is using".

Notice his use of "I think" and "seem".... and the rest of his testimony is full of those kinds of guarded non-committal wordings, typical of watchtower that can later be weaseled out of.

Plausible deniability.

But throughout the literature of watchtower the doctrine fluctuates from ambiguity, to clearly stated and defined, and back to vague uninspired imperfect men "trying" to fulfil that role.

So a jw should never commit to anything but instead refer back to what the "current teaching" is.

RayoFlight2014.

• PhillipThomas
    PhillipThomas

NO! I don't believe they are "God's Channel".....I don't!

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

I believe a FAKE Jehovah through his FAKE son Jesus and a FAKE holy spirit directs his FAKE faithless slave to provide FAKE food at the proper time .

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

Why would God speak to a microbe? What is man that You should mind? It makes no sense than some insightful atheist reflection about God. Yet Deity's blood was spilled for his saints, the Church which God bought with his own blood Acts 20:28. Amen

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    "Do you believe that the "faithful slave" is God's channel of communication?"

Not until I got Internet access, logged on to JWdot Org and confirmed that it's true.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How can commercialized false prophets /Apostates be the FDSL. ?

The WTS has been preaching a tainted gospel for over 140 years , even supporting Pyramidology at one time.

Oh yeh there's a publishing house in operation ...

Money and power for men to bask themselves with was the spirit of the Watchtower Corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit