"Do you believe that the 'faithful slave' is God's channel of communication?"

by The Fall Guy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Man-made Bs to mind control for their own agendas.

"Expect the Jehovah's Witnesses to portray a selfless, pristine perfect organization, to hide or gloss over doctrinal controversies, to change history to match "present truth", and to cover over anything embarrassing. Each group has kernals of truth in their positions and biases. Yet truth with embellishments is no longer truth, but a distortion."(from the book Watchtower and The Masons by Fritz Springmeier)

Zing

• stillin
    stillin

If the FDS is God's channel of communication, God is playing some really funny games with us.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I only see that question as relevant if it is two Elders asking you to "go on the record". In that case, if you are a "Fader", you damn well better say: "HELL YES! Who else would we go to?"

You might also add, "I'm offended you would even ask such a question!"

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Need to be careful who you debate with.... I've been reading the Revised Shepherd the Flock book and apostasy is still defined as spreading false teachings i.e. against the teaching of the written Watchtower.

Depending on who you discuss it with, things could easly escalate...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THE FALL GUY:

No. I never paid any mind to talk about ‘faithful and discreet slave’...I don’t really think everybody believed this either and they were playing a game of pretend - like other stupidity in the Witness religion.

Besides, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Are you talking about the years around 1919 ? when the I.B.S.A. the pre-cursor to the Jehovah`s Witness religion ,

and what they believed and taught in the congregations back then ?

Or are you talking about the 2019 Jehovah`s witnesses religion that grew out of the I.B.S.A. and now have completely different beliefs that they teach and believe from the I.b.S.A.of 1919.

If they were the F&DS in 1919 then they couldn`t be today .

And if they weren`t appointed the F&DS in 1919 , then they most certainly are not in 2019 .

Think about it .

• Alive!
    Alive!
    If the FDS is God's channel of communication, God is playing some really funny games with us
  • blondie
    blondie

If the FDS is God's (only) channel of communication, he should fire them. They are making him look bad and damaging sincere people.

WOL references

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22only+channel%22&p=sen&r=newest

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/s/r1/lp-e?q=%22channel+of+communication%22&p=sen&r=newest

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Wait for the silence and the rabbit in the headlights moment.

You think that JWS won't have an answer about this? They most certainly will.

Here, i'm gonna put my JW hat on, and answer your question:

Well Fall Guy, we wouldn't expect that the bible would tell us the exact make-up of the GB, location or the number of members, etc, but the bible does indicate in multiple places that there will be a faithful and discreet slave responsible for dispensing spiritual food at the right time, such as Mat 24, Mark 13, Luke 12.

God has always communicated with its people via a channel, and if we think that our organization is the only truthful one, then logically someone must take the lead in teaching and organizing the worship. How else could we make sure that the brotherhood is learning the same things, and is coordinated in preaching the word of the good news?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, I think the faithful slave is the channel of communication.

But it still has an analog tuner. You have to wiggle the dial as it fades in and out.

I hope one day to see it go fully digital.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit