"Do you believe that the 'faithful slave' is God's channel of communication?"

by The Fall Guy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

If a JW had the nerve to ask me this question, I'd say to them, "You go first. Using only scriptural proof, show me why you believe that the WTBTS/CCoJW is God's choice and I'll tell you if I agree with your scriptural reasoning."

Wait for the silence and the rabbit in the headlights moment.

I searched on the WT CD ROM for references of "channel of communication."

There are numerous pathetic explanations by the cult, but I'll limit them to these 3 examples:

w81 12/1 p. 27 par. 4 - "Unless we are in touch with this channel of communication that God is using, we will not progress along the road to life, no matter how much Bible reading we do." (you're gonna die without the WTBTS)

w75 7/1 p. 413 par. 26 - "As we absorb more and more of Jehovah’s thoughts and ways, we will have a deeper insight into the One to serve and obey, and we will appreciate to the full the fine relationship possible with him and his Son, our channel of communication." (Shouldn't we serve & obey the WTBTS as our channel of communication?)

w91 9/1 pp. 18-19 par. 15 - "That faithful and discreet slave is represented today by the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which has as its publicity agent the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society."

(That makes sense: the WTBTS is the Wizards of Warwick's spin-doctor!)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Don't the current baptismal questions essentially involve a loyalty-oath-in-all-but-name-only along those lines?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good point there Fall Guy.

Lets see the FDSL of the WTS are responsible for commercializing a false Gospel of Jesus.

Yes false Prophets are the ones mankind should follow to gain their salvation.

There are reasons many have called the WTS/JWS an agent of Satan and it has something to do with lies and deception.

1 John 4:1 ......

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

They'd just say generic proofs they believe like 'fulfilled prophecy' about living in the Last Days, JWs are the only ones preaching door to door, they're the only ones who have certain doctrines right like earthly paradise, neutrality etc. (all of which are false but they don't know that), and then when it's your turn to say if you agree or not, you're screwed, unless you don't care if you're disfellowshipped for apostacy at this point.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

No. I can speak directly to God through prayer. Why go through a middle man. Why would God even need a middle man?

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed
    Don't the current baptismal questions essentially involve a loyalty-oath-in-all-but-name-only along those lines?

I edited and spoke my own vows during that section. Since there isn't any written contract (which I would have altered had there been one), no one can refute my own testimony of my own vows.

• Simon
    Simon
    No, I can speak directly to God through prayer.

You probably think that makes you sound awesome, but the reality is you imagine you have some telepathy thing going on with a being that created the universe, despite all evidence of it's existence to the contrary. Don't you think it makes you sound a bit "full of your own self-importance"? Just a teeny bit?

Why would God even need a middle man?

Why would he speak to a microbe? (actually, mitochondria is still too advanced as a relative example)

• neat blue dog
  • The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ neat blue dog - I agree with you 100% that an indoctrinated JW's brain would instantly switch into BS-mode and that's why I stressed "scriptural" proof.

Never let a JW off the hook by allowing them to introduce totally irrelevant/spurious/org dogma statements which let them body-swerve having to answer a BIBLICAL question. Insist that they answer with scriptures.

Remind them that JW's always have to look to the Bible as the authority for what they believe, so a Biblical question has to be proven by scriptures - not by uninspired literature.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

This is a really odd discursion. It is a circle reasoning about the beard of the prophet. Why…

Because, there are no God,s…because there are no wholly books..

All religions are like homeopathies, astrology, and horoscopes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit