News Flash: New Reveal Article

by Sugar Shane 116 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Sugar Shane
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Tray Bundy has written a number of informed and accurate articles about the J.W. pedophile problem this past year. All are worth looking up.

Thanks for sharing Sugar!

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Another excellent article:

How child sex abusers get reinstated as Jehovah’s Witnesses

By Trey Bundy / February 17, 2016

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, the Jehovah's Witnesses' parent organization, is located near the Brooklyn Bridge. Credit: Damon Jacoby/Reveal i

A Jehovah’s Witnesses elder in Australia was put behind bars last week for sexually abusing minors, according to The West Australian.

Over seven years, David Frank Pople sexually assaulted two teenage boys he met through a congregation near Perth. One of his victims told elders about the abuse in 1997, but no one notified police until one of the victims filed a report in 2014. Pople pleaded guilty and was sentenced to three years in prison.

The details of Pople’s story mirror those of other abuse cases involving Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. Elders failed to report child sexual abuse to secular authorities. The perpetrator was kicked out of the organization, only to be reinstated later.

Moreover, the story fits a pattern of Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders ejecting members who abuse children, not for the abuse, but for failing to show adequate repentance.

(I can't remember when a journalist has ever touched on this very important point, one which most JWs don't understand. Barbara)

READ MORE:

https://www.revealnews.org/blog/how-child-sex-abusers-get-reinstated-as-jehovahs-witnesses/

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Great article, thank you MR. Bundy at Reveal News!

What training have they had to determine whether someone is a predator or not? ARGHHHHH!!!!! They are delusional!!!!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I wasn't sure how to leave a comment for Mr. Bundy, but he did a great job.

I wonder if Mr. Bundy is aware that even if a JW is repentant, they can still be DF'd? If something is well known, a dub can still get DF'd even though they say they are sorry. For instance, if an Eldub's wife takes some meds with alcohol at a social function and falls down or throws up, she can be DF'd.

Repentance has very little to do with avoiding being DF'd.

Also, the story mentions that the predatory Elder made a candid confession and was subsequently DF'd. The WTBTS seemed to believe that they deserve some kind of award for kicking the predator out.

Question: What if that Elder NEVER admitted to abusing those children? Can we see why reporting suspected abuse is vital?

DD

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is excellent and needs to be shared. It highlights important points I had not fully appreciated regarding how quickly abusers can be reinstated and how not reporting has allowed some abusers to escape criminal punishment due to the statute of limitations.

I know one of the Australian victims. Good to know he is no longer a JW and is now living a normal and happy life.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Repentance has very little to do with avoiding being DF'd.

Exactly. At my first judicial committee I was not DF because I feigned repentance. That proved to me Holy Spirit was not directing the process.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I wonder if Mr. Bundy is aware that even if a JW is repentant, they can still be DF'd? If something is well known, a dub can still get DF'd even though they say they are sorry. For instance, if an Eldub's wife takes some meds with alcohol at a social function and falls down or throws up, she can be DF'd.

So what!! Why should WT religion not be allowed to practice their religion their way on the basis that you do not like it or do not see it their way?

in the us, jw are not failing to report child abuse when they are accused of not reporting child abuse on the basis that church confidentiality privilege is rooted in the first amendment, so when JW are accused of not reporting (or failing to report it) as many state laws mandate it, WT has a legal basis under certain conditions -church confidentiality rooted in the 1st amendment.

Worldwide, it is a human right that "despicable" child abusers should be able to get confidential spiritual help same as they can get legal help. But international Courts will will decide if WT has done something wrong or illegal not me.

As far as whether it is wrong for WT to have child offender databases or adulterer databases, or homosexual databases, (or of tax cheats, killers, thieves, etc) you can believe that it is wrong if you like, but if you do not like it, it is not your business to dictate morality to the WT.

Whether or not it is legal for WT to have such databases of sinners who's sins are also crimes has to be decided in the Courts, albeit how the church handles sinners and confidential information they have on them is church business and confidential whether you like it or not.

IN THE US, how do you feel about a 16 year old boy ( sometimes lower than 16 with parental consent) marrying a 60 year old man? I don't like it and neither do JW, but we respect the the constitutional rights of others, and although WT freely publishes their moral views, they do not dictate it to others or resort to legal tactics or use the law to encroach upon or thwart the rights of others, neither do they advocate or aid and abet the government to change laws and/or punish those who practice a different morality so as to push JW morality JW's way.

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Fisherman.....Confidentiality can be a tricky area and its understandable that the elders are bound by it in certain circumstances. But let's say hypothetically a young teenage girl discloses to the elders that a well respected brother in the hall has raped her lets say several months earlier. She asks them not to tell anyone...to keep it confidential. Yet clearly, they can tell she is telling the truth. They tell her she has the right to go to the police, but she says she won't. What should the elders do? Scenarios like this are happening all the time. That is why an effective safeguarding policy needs to be implemented by Watchtower so that all elders are clear about procedures particularly when an alleged crime has taken place. Keeping such information 'inhouse' does not give it's members much confidence in keeping children and vulnerable adults safe. Not only that, but failure to disclose such information to the police and social services may put children and vulnerable adults within the local area at risk too. The 2 witness rule works for many types of sins. Circumstantial evidence and other forms of evidence is required in many cases where child abuse has taken place.
  • Mephis
    Mephis
    albeit how the church handles sinners and confidential information they have on them is church business and confidential whether you like it or not.

Confidential information has to be handled confidentially for it to be confidential. Otherwise it's not, well, confidential. The JW investigative/judicial process is not confidential by any objective standard. As at least two courts in the US have noted down the years when giving a judgement on the issue. I know JWs try to redefine confidentiality (eg your medical records inside aren't confidential to another JW) but it doesn't work like that for those outside JWland.

Did WBTS ever appeal the ruling of Charissa et. al vs WBTS in 2005 on the judicial process not being covered by penitential privilege in California? Or did they settle?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit