New GB video: Why Reduce the Number of Special Full-Time Servants?

by Gorbatchov 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Watchtower released at tv.jw.org a new GB video with Samuel F. Herd, with the theme:

Why Reduce the Number of Special Full-Time Servants?

It seems there is a reason to release this special message.

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODStudio/pub-jwbrd_201511_4_VIDEO

Mr. Herd laughed on the wrong side of his mouth.

Gorby

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It is so 1984.

"We have so much money and the preaching work is so important - we have to cut the preaching work and all the tools that we have used to date so we can expand the preaching work! Our god is an awesome god"

Thank you brothers and sisters.

p.s. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This guy never looked the camera in the lens. Even at the end!

My opinion:

If you can't look me in the eye and say it, then it's probably a big fat lie.

This guy could not even look at his audience during the perfunctory sign-off!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    "...we are confident that Jehovah is richly blessing the worldwide work. Also the financial support of our brothers has in no way diminished. In fact, we have even seen a fine increase in contributions since the May 2015 program on JW Broadcasting. However...........our expenses have greatly increased. ...........It was obvious to the Governing Body that we could not expect our brothers to continually increase their donations. We needed to reduce expenses."

I have to say, it has a huge ring of truth to it.

No, I don't mean he is laying it on the line, telling it like it is. I mean, the G.B. is telling a big portion of truth here. What is left out is some other "expenses" that have greatly increased. They could be legal problems and they could be recovery from bad investing.

And telling the truth is the best way to manipulate people.

There is also a subliminal undertone. "You are giving money, don't stop. We can't expect you to give more, but more is needed." You can feel that message hitting home as he concludes

"We have been overwhelmed by the positive willing spirit of all you dear brothers and sisters to make these adjustments a success. We have truly felt your wholehearted support. Therefore we now look to Jehovah to bless these adjustments....YADDA YADDA....understand our current situation......."

• Gayle
    Gayle
    The WT leadership, are masters of "half-truths" at best. With that they skirt around the real facts. But it is never the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
  • sir82
    sir82

<Snort>

Sort of like the "Pioneers Assist Others" program that they discontinued 10 years ago or so.

The official reason in the letter went something like this:

"The Pioneers Assist Others Program has been a smashing success, beyond our wildest dreams! It has helped countless publishers to improve! As a direct result of this unparalleled fantastically fantastic wonderful success, we are cancelling the program immediately."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What I read between the lines in that the WTS has realized it has run out of bullshit to sell to the public so its pertinent to them that its time to down size the amount of publications and focus more on building up its property assets to keep the organization financially afloat.

As its known the WTS has greatly focused upon building new facilities such as its main headquarters and the branch they are building in the UK .

More money, more money the branch heads and its acquired workers are going to like their new elaborate facilities while the Special pioneers will live impoverished, struggling around for food and shelter.

• mana11
    mana11

Hold ya nose boys were are in D S.

There is a smell coming form them GB boys and it don't smell good..

• wifibandit
  • MaybeSo
    MaybeSo

Why is he reading the whole thing? Was he not prepared? He needs to work on his public speaking skills....too bad the school was eliminated!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit