Kenneth Flodin: ‘This Generation Will ... Not Pass Away’ (Matt. 24:34)

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I happen to know Ken and his wife. I have to say forcing oneself to believe greater and greater stupidity seems to be taking a toll. Sadly for bethel heavies of this age their life is 80-90% over and I think they will go down believing with the ship.

I'm not sure how a witnesses can listen to these "logical" gymnastics (about the baptism date) and not feel totally uncomfortable. There is a heavy underlying current of blundering confusion.

• prologos
    prologos
    Splash
    02:05 - "Who was he talking to? He was still talking to his disciples. So the WT made clear it was not the wicked, it was the anointed who saw the sign that would make up This Generation."

notice the lawyer speak: "--anointed who [later] saw the sign--" different from anointed heard the speech, but remember, the anointed did not partake at the last supper, memorial, OS did. The only anointed did not

.PS: double speak: Not only did the early anointed see the sign, but the destruction too, which according the overlapping doctrine's end, the anointed will not see, raptured before Armageddon starts.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The fellow in the video was trying to make something truthful by spinning logic around on its ass.

It would be honest to say that even some long time devout JWS are having a difficult time comprehending this new overlapping generation doctrine, a bit uncomfortable perhaps.

Poignantly because Jesus said " this Generation " only which one should ascertain that he was speaking directly to the generation of that time.

Jesus also said that many of you will not experience death. ???

Why did the WTS do this ? is of course to uphold 1914 and the organization's long time adherence to that specific year. which has its own falsity in theological practice.

Its the wicked generation or is the anointed generation or is it the generation of the great crowd ???

Oh shite lets call the whole thing off.

• flipper
    flipper

" The generation was masterfully explained........ he did such a beautiful job I'm not going to attempt to repeat it. "

Translation : " I don't even understand WTF the overlapping generation means myself so I'm not going to attempt to repeat it. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    hahahahaha, yep! I thought the same thing uncle flip!
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I also get the impression that this guy is trying to spin this doctrine from well that was the old light, here is the new light, we've got it right now posturing.
    Now go forth and be blessed with this new light, its spiritual food at the proper time you know.

• Bardamu
    Bardamu

" very clear explanation "

lost it

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Awesome illustration. With the use of ''nuts'', lol. Nutty, exactly.
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

He contradicted himself repeatedly he said it: we do not know the "day or hour" then why are you saying this "generation will by no means pass away" applying it to the 21st century?? "light of truth" does not go into "darkness" or "extinguishes" or contradicts itsef!!!

Zion's Watchtower, 1881 February, page 3: "If we were following a man undoubtedly it would be different with us: undoubtedly one human idea would contradict another and that which was light one or two or six years ago would he regarded as darkness now: But with God there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning and so it is with truth; any knowledge or light coming from God must be like its author. A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. "New light" never extinguishes older "light" but adds to it. If you were lighting up a building containing seven gas jets you would not extinguish one every time you lighted another, but would add one light to another and they would be in harmony and thus give increase of light: So is it with the light of truth; the true increase is by adding to, not by substituting one for another".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit