Kenneth Flodin: ‘This Generation Will ... Not Pass Away’ (Matt. 24:34)

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Jack
    James Jack

Leaving Quietly

I used to think that a lot of these Bethel Speakers were fantastic until I learned that. Now without the blinders on, they do sound ridiculous!

• freddo
    freddo

What a bunch of crap.

No mention of the long time explanation of the generation that held sway until the Awake masthead change in 1995 - the generation that saw 1914. Just like questions from readers in the past - a question no one asks or cares about or is relevant. Trying to deflect us onto when WTF ... sorry FWF ... was baptised.

Not the real questions that probably kept the US mail in business for a few weeks like "Is this really the best you can come up with? I mean really?"

One elderly sister said to me about a month back "Freddo, did you understand the broadcast about the generation?" I white-lied and portrayed apathy and said "I find the broadcasts discouraging Sister, they all seem to be about money lately."

She said "I know! But you must watch this generation explanation Freddo - it's just one big cop out!"

• Splash
    Splash

OMG!!!

Canned laughter at 08:40!!!!!

What have they become????

• sparky1
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Splane is evidently plagiarizing a chart I made a couple of years ago and posted here on JWN after the release of the Watchtower, January 15, 2014:

(I'm not sure why the chart no longer appears in the old thread. So I've reposted it above).

This was also discussed in a more recent thread about three months ago.

In the first thread I wrote:

"So, apparently, there are now three groups of "anointed" ones:

1. Those anointed before 1914
    2. Those anointed after 1914, but before the death of the last of those in group #1.
    3. Those anointed after the death of the last person in group #1. (See point #2 above)

-

It is interesting to note that Fred W. Franz is not mentioned in the WT article of January 15, 2014. Yet now, according to Splane, he is the key person in this concept. Born in 1893, Franz was baptized in 1913 or 1914, making him part of the first group. He is also presumably the last person of the first group to die. Franz died on December 22, 1992.

According to that WT, the first two groups comprise the "this generation" that Jesus mentioned at Matthew 24:34, albeit in an "overlapping" manner. The third group is explicitly NOT part of "this generation."

Thus, not every anointed person today is included in “this generation” of whom Jesus spoke. - w2014, 1/15, p. 32, para. 16

Careful readers of the 1/15/2014 study article will note that it contained so scriptural references or evidence of any kind to support this new twist on the "Overlapping Generation" idea. It is all just unfounded assertion. Splane's current explanation is just as devoid of "evidence."

But hey, who needs evidence when you're the leaders of a cult."

Can I say with absolute certainty that Splane used my chart and my JWN post two years ago to come to their "current understanding" and explanation of the "overlapping generation" nonsense? No, I cannot. But it's ironically funny that I explained it more than two years exactly the way they do now.

What is really brilliantly ironic is that I am now--as I was then--100% convinced that it's all bullshit!

It's interesting that they even address the discrepancy between two different published dates for FWF's baptism.

Let's review: It's a cult!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    (Note: I made a few minor revisions to my post I quoted to make it more clear now, more than 2 years after the original post. For example, I put in the date of the WT rather than saying "last week's WT").

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You wonder ''which part'' of the ''overlapping generation will not pass away'' does he mean.
  • sparky1
    sparky1
    "J.A Bengel states in his NEW TESTAMENT WORD STUDIES: 'The Hebrews ......reckon seventy-five years as one generation,...'. Awake - April 8, 1988 page 14
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its going to be interesting to what will happen when this overlapping generation passes away, its obvious that this new OL generation was done so to create a presence of viability to the GB members living today.

1914 is slowly fading away as time progresses to be eventually replaced by new BS . I mean new light.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Sorry WiFi Bandit, I could only stomach until the halfway before I began to feel nauseated. So I guess Jehovah's holy spirit went on vacation for a full 75 years.

My apologies guys, but at this point in time I must call it the way I see it:

• antes8080
    antes8080
    He is nervousness shows, what he is saying is a lie!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit