Kenneth Flodin: ‘This Generation Will ... Not Pass Away’ (Matt. 24:34)

by wifibandit 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    What a nervous goofball!
  • suavojr
    suavojr
    I wonder how much longer until they stop mentioning this teaching... they just don't learn
  • elderINewton
    elderINewton

Well it would appear they are not even that comfortable with what they are talking about. The thing I can't help but wonder is if its crucial for them to have Fred Franz to make this whole overlap work?

Else, why even defend it? Still your relying on a handwritten note found in a suitcase. It's like saying Colonel Mustard did it with the candlestick in the library is more credible.

They must also have so 40 year old partakers....

Funny times in JW land - Can't believe I even followed this....

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Why spend so much effort to bandage up a dead donkey?
  • LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I listened to a poor speaker for 2 minutes. Two minutes that I will never get back. He is a 'helper to the GB"? What a joke.

The subject? hahahaha

In WT/JW land, anyone can aspire to be with the 'greats'. But what type of man (man as a guy with real balls) wants to be a brown noser?

• never a jw
    never a jw
    the chutzpah!
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I knew this person many years ago and he was a fabulous speaker then. Not sure what happened. Nerves from being in front of a camera? Not quite sure of the material himself? Not sure.

Anyway, there is still another hole in the logic. He used Matt 24:32 to indicate it wasn't the "wicked" generation that Jesus referred to. There it uses the term "you" to indicate that Jesus was talking to his disciples. The logic then goes that in the very next version Jesus was "evidently" talking about his anointed disciples. Here is the hole in that logic: If that were the case, Jesus would have said, "your generation." But he didn't. Instead, he said, "this generation." There was no indication that the term generation applied to either his disciples or the wicked. Just "this."

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifi:

Thank you!

WTUnderground!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

At 2:58 he says it's "our current understanding". In other words, when the "overlapping generation" fairy story fails, and they all die off, the Org will come up with a revised "current understanding" for their alibi!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit