HELP!! Just Woken Up - Fanatical Mom wants to report me

by Scarlett_Martin 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• kyCyd
    kyCyd

Hi Scarlett,

I have a granddaughter your age. Jehovah, is waking up a lot of people...He woke you up because of your heart to worship!! Don't give up on your mom hon, pray for her to wake up and all JW's pray for them in your worship time, not talking about cult but truth in scriptures. Right now the Lord would say this to you. Look up the meaning of the word “peace” in Hebrew.

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

JW's would know the truth with the Aramaic to English NT Bible. The New Testament was originally written in Aramaic, so the Bibles we use went from Aramaic to Greek then Greek to English. There were things lost in the translations. Go to my JW website to see some of the scriptures in Aramaic to English translation and download the Bible. Contact me and we will pray together for your mom and all JW's, she is probably my children age.

The LORD has closed down all churches there is error in them all so right now He is saying this to everyone:

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Spread the word to all JW's..not talking cult as there is error in all churches but talking truth in scriptures with the Aramaic to English translation. By the way this ancient Bible is housed in the USA.

https://www.aent.org/aramaic-new-testament-time-bomb/

• tiki
    tiki

I seriously would avoid any meetings with "elders". That would only add to your current turmoil. You need to immerse yourself in your career, interests, and friends outside of the cult. I hope it is an option to move out of the place with your mother....far more healthful mentally and emotionally to be independent and not living with the religion on any level. Stay busy and do things that bring you happiness. Put the crazy religion out of your mind as much as possible and gradually it will become just an unsavory memory. Best to you!!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

kyCyd

hello--welcome herei take it your not a JW then ? Ever been one ?
  • kyCyd
    kyCyd

Hi Stan,

Thank you, and to answer your question the answer is no, however did come out of church so the same that way so woke up many years ago as I said there is error in all churches. I have talked to many JW over the years and read a lot on JW and ex-JW on the net but best one I have seen was a Elder of JW...what I love about him is that he kept his faith in Jehovah. This is missing on most sites.

This is why I said to Scarlett it was her heart for Jehovah and worship that woke her up.. same happened to me. She is desiring truth. Jesus said this

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

It is the truth for anyone that sets us free. Scarlett to me loves the Lord. This is what separates us all.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Hi Scarlett, It is kinda crazy when you first 'wake up.' You might feel you have to all kinds of things fast. I researched, researched, researched. I had to tell people at work what happened to me, etc.

Just know that with time, things settle down. Learn from the experience of others who have left.

Also, I grew up in JWville from the age of 5. I am 65 now, I left in 2011. I was there for the "stay alive till 75" (Star Wars came out in 77ish, and I hoped Armageddon wouldn't come before the next movie, haha)... "you will never grow old in this system" (Wow, here I am... 65) "don't go to college, by the time you finish Armageddon will be here, and you'll never be able to use it" (I was 14, I would have definitely been able to use a college education"

The WT is evil to guilt people into things. It is a cult. High control, that is why all of your feelings of "it's wrong to live with someone I am not married to" comes into your head. Why can't you? The Bible? Who says the Bible is right? Research how the 'Bible' was discovered. They found all kinds of 'books' in that cave. Not all of the 'books/scrolls' were included in the final Bible, and who decided? Catholic monks? Wow! and JW's accept that. Why would the Bible have to be hidden away for so many years? Why couldn't God just make it appear? He is, after all, sooooo powerful.

Our brains were trained in so many ways to 'just accept' what we heard, right? "Jehovah's people are the smartest people on earth", clap, clap, clap... I remember, at the end, thinking it so weird to hear people clap at conventions at the stupidest little remarks. In 2010(?) the remark was made about Harold Camping, how he predicted (a few times, in our day) how he figured out when Armageddon would come. The last one being, can't remember exactly, but close to 2010. "How dumb is that? The Bible says "no one knows the date or the hour", everyone laughed, and laughed and clapped. Then he goes onto explain about overlapping generations... Weird, huh?

Meeting with elders... think about it, don't fear it, but.... I once met with "the elders" in a room of 10. I had been seeking help from friends, and the elders thought I shouldn't be telling everyone my life. I got yelled at, could not escape (a Sunday meeting was going on in the outside room) cried so loud, a knock at the door and the Spanish brothers were asking "can you keep it down?", I couldn't.... but didn't want anyone to see who was crying, so I was stuck. The 'elder in charge'... a guy who drove a garbage truck, yelled "Look at me" Look at me! " I got PTSD, and nightmares of that for over a year. Nowadays, I could handle it... but back then, I was surprised and very vulnerable. If you can't handle being spoken to in a mean or controlling way, or your nerves can't handle it, don't do it. You have no obligation to talk to MEN... they are JUST men, remember that.... they aren't psychologists, mentors, trained to help, they are ordinary people that the WT uses to control the masses. Really.

Also, after time, this all just seems like a bad dream. Be glad you are in your twenties. You have a great future ahead of you. Even me, tho 65, I am sooooooooo glad to live like this: free. I don't need to feel guilty about what I watch on TV, read on the internet, dance like, go to a concert, etc. I can do anything I like. I am not a bad person, I am a free person. Guilt is the blood that the WT vampire needs to suck out of you to control you.

Picture another cult... Amish? where you have to wear certain clothes, can't use modern machines, etc. You have no problem seeing the control there, right? View the WT just like that, and it will help broaden your ability to escape.

Go live with your friend if you want, don't if you don't want to. It's up to you. Or,live with him and don't have sex. Options, options, options. You have them all.

Your mom..... Unfortunately, nowadays, the WT has tightened it's grip and cinched up the knot that ties people in ever more. I feel like people's brains are even smaller, and they are more inclined to "love their rules" even more. Rules make people feel righteous, important. It might be like living in the days of "kill the witches, she's a witch, she's a witch". Yikes.

My mom is a JW in her 80's. She needed me (an 'out exJW) to help her clean up her yard and house so the city would not kick her & my dad (a non JW who was a hoarder, and had alzheimer's -tho at the time, we didn't know) for over a year, every weekend!

She was nice, spoke to me, spoke to my husband who WAS DF'd for testifying at a child sex abuse case, and my sister who had left (never baptized) but when the job was done, that was IT! She didn't need me or my sister or my husband. When I came to visit my dad, she opened the door and said, "You know the rules, You know the rules". (which meant she couldn't talk to me) I told her I wasn't there to see her, but visit dad, and she let me in. Then Covid came in March of this year, I couldn't visit (lockdown) but my JW sister could (to 'help') and by May, I got a call from my DF'd niece in Scotland, 'My dad (an elder) said grandpa is really sick, not doing well, you should see him soon". My sister & I went the day after, he looked like a pile of bones, and he couldn't talk. I told him we were there to say we love him, and want to say good bye, an 30 seconds later, he let out his last breath.

My mom didn't tell me. My sisters didn't tell me... my DF'd niece did. Then, did they ask if I wanted any of dad's things? nope, they were giving them to 'the congregation'. OMG!

So, moral of the story? Don't count on any JW for anything. They have been trained. I have talked to so many Ex-JW's.... the same thing... Things have really tightened up.

Your mom MIGHT be different, but don't count on it. Be prepared.

Life outside of the organization is GREAT!!! You have your own mind! Your time can be spent as YOU wish, no more "treadmill, hamster wheel" time for the WT! YAY! No more studying, repeating, brainwashing! YAY! You will LOOOOOVVVVEEE it!

You are FFFRRRREEEEEEEEEEE!

Enjoy!

• scary21
    scary21

My mom was treated like shit in her older years by the JW's . I posted on it many times. 50 years wasted.

• scary21
    scary21

Your young and free. My mom never went to another meeting after we got her away from those evil lying people she was 87. Be thankful everyday that you know the true, truth. Have a great life !

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Take time to count your blessings. First off, you are YOUNG (oh to be twenty something again), you are educated, you are employed, you are single, you do not have children, you don't own a house, and on and on. You are about as carefree as a person can possibly be. Because you are young you no doubt have a lot of energy. Don't waste it on fretting about a phony religion. You live with your parents? Be thankful for that, but do look for a place of your own. What do you do when you are not working? I hope you don't hang around your parents place with all that negative energy.

Do you like your work? How are your co-workers? Are you friends with any of them? If not, why not? Do you have any hobbies or other interests? Find a club where you can meet people who have the same pursuits. Find a non-profit org that tries to do good and volunteer. Do you have any relatives - aunts, uncles, cousins - who are not jw's? Reach out to them, maybe go for a visit. The watchtower organization pretends that it provides a safety net for the congregation and it does. But it's a safety net that demands absolute compliance with the org's phony doctrines. You need to (actually everybody needs to) build your own safety net of your own design.

And always keep in mind, no matter how terrible things seem to you, there are lots of people who are living in far worse conditions. It's like the old saying, "I complained about my sore feet until I met someone with no feet." And if you do meet with the elders try this. When you walk into the room there will be two or more men waiting for you. Simply say something like, "Given the known history of sexual predation this organization has, I cannot be alone in this room with you men" and walk out.

• Scarlett_Martin
    Scarlett_Martin

Update

I am still amazed that I am still getting messages to this day!

Thank you so much for your support you good people!

I have made a new post with an update of what has happened since then.

Here is the new post: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5641324928696320/update-fanatical-mom-wants-report-me

Sorry I couldn't respond to you all, but my life has been a mess!

Godspeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit