Over-protective parent?

by GrownMidget 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognac
    cognac

You still didn't answer the question. How old is she and how old are you?

Dont think the parents sound overprotective at all. They sound legitimately concerned as would I.

Honestly, this is creeping me out a bit.... If you were 20 and she was 17, I'd still be hesitant.

Their brain isn't fully developed at this point still. There's a reason why under 18 is jail bate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As a parent, I would have great concern over an older-teen or 20-something guy, who wears a white suit (WTF is that about? Gay? or just extreme to get attention?) to the convention who is showing interest in my young-teen daughter. (At least that is the picture painted here, since there has been nothing added to suggest ages were different.)

I would only speak to you ONE TIME about moving on. I think you'd get the message. Or later wish that you had.

Over-Protective Doc

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    Because white suits are cool.
  • cognac
    cognac

Doc - I like you!

Midget - Maybe you will understand when you are older or have kids of your own...

• tiki
    tiki
    White suit at one of those dirt ridden venues they'd rent for a convention?? Hey crushes happen...people grow up and change....water under the bridge. The mom may have been a tad paranoid..then again not. She knew her kid better than you...and maybe she could have handled it more tactfully...but so what.
  • GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    I agree. Without doing stupid shit many people would not grow. Me included.

About the color:
    Despite that I like white suits, wearing one was nice rebellion towards witnesses because the basic socially acceptable colors were basic very dark colors, black, grey and lighter one like fart brown. After few years of wearing white suits, more people with them started to pop up in my area so I guess I broke the ice around here. People said that they were more regular in the capital area but I never went there for conventions so I wouldn't know.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hey kiddo don't worry listen the watchtower keeps people in an infantile state anyway.

I mean normally at 20 you would have been meeting girls at college but in JW-dom assemblies are your only hope and at your ages you were both kids having a flirt.

Totally normal, dont worry its the only bit of fun you could hope for. Good grief!I feel for jw kids so much.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    When I was a teen I always had crushes on older boys its normal people get a life
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

When I was 17 I had a thing with a 21 yr old

We have been married nearly 20 yrs now I am 48 & he is 52

For goodness sakes you guys are over sensitized and a bit OTT

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I was 21, a really good-looking 16-year-old JW girl liked me (either that or I had zero skills at reading people, which I freely admit was a distinct possibility).

I was still in college, lived at home, and had no money, and used that as justification for not pursuing it. The age thing worried me, somewhat too.

In the years that followed, though, I often wondered "what if"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit