Over-protective parent?

by GrownMidget 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget

I was something like 20-21 and there was this young sister, maybe 16 who I happened to like back in the day ... Uh oh ...
    We met in the summer convention because I made the first move while she was playing board games with her friend. We kept in touch via Skype and text messages because lived kinda far from each other. Eventually her mother heard of the stuff and said to her daughter that the chatting must stop...

Well, when two people have a little crush on one another, it sure doesn't. Later she called me and started to talk about all kind of stuff that if the contacting doesn't stop she will contact the elders and make sure it does. And then she added her "non-witness husband" into the mix by saying something like this: "even by his standards this sounds weird and I wouldn't like use such strong terms but it sounds like "getting involved with children"". What, really, are you nuts?!We didn't have sex, talk dirty, kiss, hug or even hold hands and she is already saying that I am basically a child molester and pedophile because I write to her daughter! Then she pulled out the emotional "my other daughter is disfellowshipped" card and yada-yada. Well, anyway the possible relationship in the future kinda stopped there.

Later I asked via the other friend that what sized clothes my crush uses and bought her a shirt and gave it in the next summer convention. Anyway, there was funny incident where I was standing with my regular distinct white suit in the break eating and then my friend is on the opposite side of the table trying to saying to me that the mother is behind my back looking at me. I was just kinda laughing inside that "lol this is absuuuuurd".

At some point my friend and she got some problems because the crush started to hang out with the wrong girls and became somewhat of a rebel and a bitch. Even I noticed the change in her. My friend heard the mom say that she has failed as mother because her daughter is like this, probably indicating the thing she was moving towards to.

All this was around the times I was starting to fade away, so I haven't really been keeping in touch with either anymore.

Anybody else having anything like this?

• Simon
    Simon
    and there was this young sister, maybe 16

I think that is the important part. If "maybe 16" means 14 or 15 then I can imagine her parents concern. Depending on the country and the family then even 16 or 17 could be frowned on.

A bit strong making serious accusations though but if parents make a mistake, being too protective is low on the scale.

At some point my friend and she got some problems because the crush started to hang out with the wrong girls and became somewhat of a rebel and a bitch

So it could be they were over protective and that resulted in some rebellion or they saw the appeal in her and wanted to to and prevent it.

• runForever
    runForever
    Not weird. Go for it.
  • GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    I think that is the important part. If "maybe 16" means 14 or 15 then I can imagine her parents concern. Depending on the country and the family then even 16 or 17 could be frowned on.
    A bit strong making serious accusations though but if parents make a mistake, being too protective is low on the scale.
    I feel you. I always had a problems of getting crushes (married, single, young or mature) due to my family issues at home. Later the whole situation came a bit of an inside joke with my friend and it became a funny story I explained to people and now after leaving has almost been forgotten already. Oh well, that memory is out of my system now.

Around here people move to live on their own at age of 16-18 because of school. Witnesses get married usually at the age of 18-20. In our congregation there was this couple who got married at 17. Now divorced, other disfellowshipped and the other remarried.

I feel so lucky that none of the stuff I have had over the years never worked out with anybody. The past year and a half has been the time I have grown very fast towards more mature person, much thanks to my wife's endless support.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

You're too vague about both her age and yours. I could interpret your post as; creepy 22 year old shows inappropriate attention and buys clothing gifts for 15 year old girl.

How does THAT sound? Yeah, if I was that girls parent I'd be protective too.

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    You can interpret and judge me however you please. I'm already used to being the weird guy who can be blamed for everyone's problems.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

GrownMidget I have just read your introductory post on your other topic and maybe understand you better now. I stand by my comments but please believe me; I'm on your side.

Nic'

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    Yes, I understand that it sounds in the context of this topic like a creeper sitting in the dark at the back of your child's car. I'm not an idiot.

Many cases people judge me for one thing they see, and few of them, after they see more change their mind. Most people I don't really need in my life because they have nothing useful to offer that I can use to build myself up. Even the friend of mine who was the other party in the story told me straight out the first time we met that I am weird but later said that I resemble more of a brother.

I can assure that despite anything others may see, with the limited half spoon I was given, I have tried to have the best of others in mind for what I am capable of. Sometimes with better success than other times and many times I have been in a grey area and sometimes crossed all the way into the dark side causing harm for many people emotionally due to the anger bursts I have mentioned in the story post.

Many people I have cut loose from life after leaving witnesses and some have cut me away from their end. I don't repent doing so because not all, despite how "close" they seem, are actually that close in the end.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I have tried to have the best of others in mind for what I am capable of.

I believe you. It can be difficult getting to know people online, to really understand them. If it doesn't add unnecessary fuel to your anger I hope you'll continue to post.

Wishing you well seems so lame but I honestly do.

Nic'

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget

No no, it's good practice for me. Nobody knows me here and I have no plans of staying forever. Just want to balance out my life from all the witness related shit that I have been unable to share.

Wishing you well seems so lame but I honestly do.
    No worries, I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit