Work Colleague Went To a JW Funeral - His Experience

by pale.emperor 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• Half banana
    Half banana

The only ones who are valued at a JW funeral is the Governing Body.

Forget the sucker who died, (but check first to make sure we have their family inheritance bequeathed to us) it's loyalty to the GB which must be highlighted. Yes visitors and JWs alike, remember: it's LOYALTY to the GB. GB loyalty is the slogan to go home with. Heck if there was no "loyalty to the GB" the whole cult would crumble to dust and the GB wouldn't get their ticket to a cushy life.

What a disgusting and ignorant cult! At least they don't always hide their stupidity-- it will be their downfall.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Anyway, so my colleague tells me, her will stated that she be buried rather than cremated due to "the resurrection".

Perhaps someone told her on the doors that without an immortal soul her resurrected body is just a clone of her!

Either way it's her own idiosyncracy as don't think jw's teach that.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Yes, sadly jw funeral services are nothing more than just infomercials for the wtbts, if the outline is followed. However, I attended a jw memorial service last week for a well known jw in the LA area that was quite different. His 2 jw sons (both elders) and 1 nephew (a bethelite) gave the talk which include even a very nice eulogy followed by a 15 minute video of his life. All of this done inside a kh! WOW! I was really surprised but it was a pleasant surprise and based on the comments I heard from most of the long time jw's that attended, it was a very refreshing deviation from the normal boring infomercial jw funeral talk/service. "Oh the times they are a changin'"

just saying!

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Yes, maybe in time they will learn to respect people for the unique people and personalities that we are and that bringing appropriate honour to us also brings honour to the Creator/God/Great Spirit/Allah/Universe/Energy/Love Source from which we sprang....

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I didn't have my mom's funeral at the KH, but I let a brother give the talk, I pointed out to him DO NOT make it sound like a sale pitch for the Dubs.

He didn't, but if he was going to veer off subject and do it anyway, I would've had no problem whatsoever calling him out on it in front of everyone.

• blondie
    blondie

I guess she didn't read this 2009 Awake article: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009085?q=cremation&p=par

No Obstacle to Resurrection

The Bible clearly teaches that Jehovah God will bring back to life many who now sleep in death. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10; John 5:28, 29) Prophetically describing the time when the dead will return to life, the Bible book of Revelation, or Apocalypse, says: “The sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them.” (Revelation 20:13) To accomplish this, it makes no difference to Almighty God whether a person’s body is buried, burned, lost at sea, eaten by wild animals, or even vaporized by an atomic explosion.

The Bible gives no specific direction concerning what ought to be done with the bodies of the dead. Cremation is not condemned by Jehovah. Clearly, though, funeral arrangements should be dignified and respectful.

Something that might influence a person’s decisions in making these arrangements, however, is the way that the local community views funeral customs. Those who abide by Bible principles would certainly not want to do anything that would cause unnecessary offense to their neighbors. It would also be inappropriate to engage in a practice that might seem to indicate belief in false religious teachings, such as the immortality of the soul. These concerns aside, whatever decision a person might make as to how his own body, or that of another, is to be disposed of is really a personal or family matter.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Fifty bucks says that the brother who eulogized her counted his time for the worldly people in attendance. Gotta report those hours to the mother ship.

Based on the details of this story it is possible that most, if not all, of the JW participants, were counting time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Want to see something disturbing ? , go to a JWS funereal and notice how many JWS are smiling like they just won the lottery, its a recruitment face.

Even the family members who lost their loved one will be smiling like crazy.

http://www.regainmyrelationship.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/passive-aggressive.png

• Dagney
    Dagney

Interesting comments. That's a first to hear passing out literature AT the funeral...but not surprising in the least.

JW funerals are just the worst.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

@Finkelstein I remember a witness telling me she was counseled by some from her hall because she was crying at a family member's funeral. They said it showed to others(non-JW) that she didn't have faith in the resurrection.

What a complete disrespect to the person who died - to use someone's death as an "opportunity" to witness. Is nothing sacred to these people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit