Single Sisters Over A Certain Age Group Getting A Bad Rap

by HiddlesWife 72 Replies latest social relationships

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

That's much better OUTLAW.

Now can you give her some hips and some muscle mass so she can carry those girls tall and proud!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That's much better OUTLAW.

Now can you give her some hips and some muscle mass so she can carry those girls tall and proud!.....sparrowdown

Image result for Cartoon olive oil boob job

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Finally, an Olive Oil that reflects real women.

Now let's reverse engineer Popeye his forearm muscles are unattractively disproportionate to the rest of his body!

• stillin
    stillin

Olive Oyl! She's my goyl!

• rebel8
    rebel8

In normal social situations, I see no problem with May-December relationships as long as both parties are consenting, mature adults.

I had a big problem with it in jw fundieland. I didn't know of healthy relationships like this. There was a huge tendency for men to look for someone much younger than them, if the man hadn't married the millisecond he got out of high school.

The relationships I was aware of were icky. The girls were super immature, as you can imagine when someone is deprived of normal life experiences that help you mature. They had dated little or not at all, and once they started dating an older man, they were engaged approximately 3 seconds later. They were swept off their feet with the fantasy of a ready-made husband who was spiritually and financially secure. This mate was fully ready to be her head so he could teach her about life and take care of her.

I am paraphrasing actual statements young ladies said to me back then.

My flesh crawls when I think about it.

It's a real thing in other fundie cults too. https://www.google.com/search?q=age+of+marriage+in+cults&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When I was dating if a sister was older then 23 or so everyone figured there was something wrong with her. In most cases it's was right , sisters we're usually engaged by the time they turned 18.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Don`t sisters of any age get a bad rap ? Lets face it JW`s organization exploits women to their own advantage .

And they do not give them any credit personally for their contributions which are many.

They give lip service to all the hard work women do within the organization , however in practice they give them no credit whatsoever.

Think about it : Can you name one woman of modern times who has been highlited in any publication the society has published since the first printing of the Watchtower , the Golden Age ,now AWAKE ? Since the 1879`s ?

If any woman has been mentioned in this time period it is not what she has accomplished on her own , but how she has supported her husbands service and he gets the credit.

While the Bible has it`s failings with giving credit to women overall ,it does make exceptions in both the OT and the NT and names women and their achievements.

That is not something you see in WT publications .

An example : Many women profess to be of the anointed ( 144000 ) to rule with Jesus in heaven for a thousand years. And this fact is accepted by the Governing Body as a fact. Yet no women can have a say in the running of a KH , let alone being a member of the Governing Body here on earth. ?

Yet they can rule over all mankind for a thousand years from heaven with Jesus ?

In Watchtower illustrations of the 144000 their is not one woman shown , everyone in the illustration of the 144000 has a beard., depicting males , how sexist is that .

Do Jehovah`s Witnesses honestly respect and honour females ? You be the judge.

smiddy

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

Although it's generally worse in religions, women have always had a pretty raw deal.

Voting was a classic example (in the UK). Some even adopted male pen names in order to have written work published.

Having two world wars in the 20th century changed things as women took on many roles that were traditionally men's. More reliable contraception possibly accelerated the process too.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

nmy thoughts If you say you cant live without rather than I choose not to then your behaving like a parasite not a companion PS Isn't the term intelligent female what you call an oxymoron Ducking for cover Bob

• dozy
    dozy

I remember one of my last shepherding calls was on a 40 something single sister in our congregation ( not in my group and I didn't really know her very well ) and she expressed herself openly as being really unhappy that she was never chosen for demos on assemblies or very rarely at the KH. She was a regular pioneer and a really genuine type and really "faithful" ( in JW parlance ) but basically was invisible like most sisters in her situation ( a bit like the black sister in the current JW convention videos who is only really seen as useful to clean the toilets at the KH) . She said the last straw came when ( again ) she didn't get an appointment to have the CO back for lunch at the last visit.

She told us that if she was 20 & had "tits & ass" or had married an appointed JW then she would be getting plenty of assignments and would never be off the platform ( she mentioned a couple of sisters who were far less zealous than she was ). I couldn't really disagree but at that time I had already seen the hypocrisy and was on my own way out anyway. That's the system in the "Truth" I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit