The Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body are Elitists (Here is why)

by Terry 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    All religions try to get their members to adhere to their purpose and goal

I know. It really stinks.

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    @Finkel. I appreciate you sharing your points. I said it was "similar", not exact. All religions have rules and they enforce them to varying degrees. Look at the Middle East or Africa for example. Yes, JW's are a little harsh but pale in comparison to some of the religions in those regions. And let's not even review older or even ancient religions and their practices. The atrocities are well established.
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    My friend eats at McDonalds... I won't, and yet we are still friends. McDonalds could care less.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Makemeanunbeliever:

JW's are a little harsh but pale in comparison to some of the religions in those regions.

Why choose a religion in the first place? If God exists, is he so narrow-minded to destroy BILLIONS of good people just because they are not part of his religion, if any?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Look at the Middle East or Africa for example. Yes, JW's are a little harsh but pale in comparison to some of the religions in those regions.''

Good point, but;

A God who is going to destroy billions of people for not accepting the JW faith!! I'd say that equals to or perhaps exceeds the Middle Eastern practises and Africa. When you think long and hard about it, it is more extreme and fundamental.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ahh.... The classic use of extreme comparisons. "JWs are harsh, but they aren't as bad as..."

That isn't reasonable. That's silly. Anything can be justified when you use that kind of faulty logic.

DD

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    MMAUB posts gone? I think he's being watched!! You gotta be careful what you say sometimes.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Data I would love to further this conversation but apparently the admin or a moderator is deleting threads and replies. I guess he (they) prefer "attaboys" and cannot handle my level of common sense and

reasoning ability.....Makemeanunbeliever

Nonsense..

Simon doesn`t allow threads used to make personal attacks..That thread is gone..

You have 3 posts on this thread to date, that have remained..

Your not being singled out,you`ve not been treated unfairly..

2 posts now..LOL!!..

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Terry:

An "elite" group is one which has special privileges not granted to others

Yep, that's the Watchtower alright! Describes exactly the way they are.

Atlantis!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Is it too much to expect from the Governing Body that they train their members in actual Universities where they must pass courses and defend theses, to interpret, to criticize and to discriminate what is sound from error and falsehood on a level educational playing field?

This is NOT possible for the WT leadership; studying the bible's origins leads people to become aware that it is just a highly redacted and manipulated record of old oral histories, not actual history.

That would destroy the WT's claim to being god's spokesperson, because they take the Bible as history, and have injected themselves into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit