The Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body are Elitists (Here is why)

by Terry 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Is it wrong to ask my employees to adhere to my vision and not deviate too far from it?

The premise of a business is to make a profit and the premise of employment is to

exchange efforts for money. An employee is free to leave at any time without risking destruction at Armageddon or the loss of their friends and family.

So, I'd have to call "False Analogy" on that one.

The laws of the land act a buffer for an employee, too to prevent victimization, harassment, and fraud.
    Unfortunately, there is no agency buffer for religious adherants.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

The thing is that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is a business! A business with the extra benefits of privileges with which religious organizations clothe themselves, including mind-control to keep members in subjection.

The comparison fits.

Marina

• talesin
    talesin
    All religions try to get their members to adhere to their purpose and goal. I run a couple of small companies. I have a business vision. Is it wrong to ask my employees to adhere to my vision and not deviate too far from it?
    What about a franchise? A franchisor has to develop rules and regulations down to the finest detail. A franchisee is not allowed to deviate one iota from the written plan. Imagine if McDonalds franchises went astray. What would happen? The brand would be damaged. Similar, any organized religion must have certain stipulations or the brand, or religion, will be damaged or altered. Consistency must be maintained, or as we know it, unity.

It's good to see you recognize that the WTBTS is run on a business model (and a very successful one at that), and is far from being a 'faith-based organization'. Actually, it is more akin to the old American plantation system, complete with slaves, overseers, and a ruling class who rarely get their hands dirty.

The rich and famous are excused their transgressions by virtue of their donations cheques and the good publicity they bring to the table.

Now that the WTBTS is switching blatantly, from being a publishing company to in-your-face real estate speculation, it's easier to understand why the corporation is so successful. And they pay no taxes.

Talk about 'made in the shade'. Yowza!

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Now that the WTBTS is switching blatantly, from being a publishing company to in-your-face real estate speculation, it's easier to understand why the corporation is so successful. And they pay no taxes''

Untold irony, or hypocrisy of how they always preach about 'paying Caesar's things to Caesar'

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Members of the Governing Body like to think of themselves as akin to the Quorum of the Twelve in ancient days.

Of course there are just a few differences:

• The apostles were called and ordained by Jesus Christ
    • They were given the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and thus could bind on heaven and earth
    • The first Twelve will judge the Twelve Tribes of Israel, and the following apostles will be judges under them

When the WTS disfellowships a person, the assumption is made that if that person dies in an excommunicated state, or condition, that the cutting off will be recognized by God and they will be deresurrected at the judgment. This infers that the WTS has the ability to bind and loose, and that if they do it here, it will be an action that's honored by God in Heaven. (Otherwise why sweat it?) But when were the GB members called? And who laid hands upon them to give them the power? "For you have not chosen me, but I have chosen you and ordained you," the Lord said to them. Did he ordain the members of the GB? Not that we know of. Have they had visions, entertained angels, been taken into Heaven and seen unspeakable things? Yet the least of the GB members is greater than John the Baptist, one of the greatest prophets who ever lived.

In my view they have elevated themselves higher than Nimrod ever imagined. So don't be surprised if what they say is elevated as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Governing Body members are elitists in their own minds and that is what makes them dangerous.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Any group, club or organisation has rules and expectations for it's members. When you sign up or join then you accept these. It's the same when you become a Witness. There can also be consequences for leaving. For example, leaving a job with nothing else to go to will have a financial consequence. Generally, however the consequences of leaving an organisation are limited.

Leaving the Witnesses is a completely different story.

You do hear Witnesses say "if you don't want to do it then you can just go. No one forces you to be a Witness". True to a point however the consequences can be huge.

There is virtually no way of stopping attending meetings that leaves your personal and social relationships intact.

If you become known as someone who disagrees with things then you are in for a world of pain. Anyone who thinks leaving is easy, especially if you are born in, is in cloud cuckoo land.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    Makemeanunbeliever made the analogy of the conformity of a business to a religious order.

In the JWS religion this holds a bit more truth to others that being the WTS allures people to its organization by literature circulation and once these people are in the organization they are trained to be the WTS public sales representatives to distribute more of the WTS publications.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terry - "The Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body are elitists..."

In other news, water is wet.

• glenster
    glenster
    Russell was saying he was part of an elite 144,000 when Fatty Arbuckle was a big star. You're not going to prove you're that special with "don't lie" "don't murder," so out came the pyramid measurements. It's been the same racket ever since..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit