we have a laid off bethelite with an engineering degree!

by nowwhat? 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

This guy have been at bethel for 25 years when he could have been making 75-100 thousand a year as an engineer. So they kick him to the curb so they don't have to house him and his wife anymore. But get this! They run into a problem at warwick and they ask him to come back for 3 weeks. And instead of giving them the finger he runs back at his expense! The only job he could get is refinishing countertops for a brother and are currentl living with his wife's parents. How Can a guy with a college degree be so blind and stupid?!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I heard of a sister at the bethel of France that was translating for them. After they let her go and she had settled somewhere else, they asked her to translate some more on a part time basis, without compensation. She accepted. However, I believe that the time she was spending translating was considered field service. So, she was a "pioneer".

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

In the WT study article that came out after the bethel layoffs, it blurred the line between WT and Jehovah by quoting "humble" former bethelites saying, "once I realized the direction was coming from Jehovah...". How can this mere engineer stand his ground and say "no" to Jehovah?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Stupid is as stupid does. Some are so desperate to maintain that WT acceptance. It defines everything they are. These are the ones WT wants. Gullible and desperate for acceptance.

• fulano
    fulano
    What the o.p. tells us is perverted cruelty...someone gets a bo*^r from it behind his sad desk.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    How Can a guy with a college degree be so blind and stupid?

A couple of thoughts on this based upon my experience.

First, half the people who graduate college should have never gone in the first place. During their time at school, they learn virtually nothing — not even how to be responsible adults — and develop no critical thinking skills whatsoever. For them, college was like High School Part II. They would have been better off going into the military.

Second, even if you are a top-notch engineering student, engineering programs do not require students to take courses that would help hone their critical thinking skills. You need to be really good at math, memorize a lot of stuff and be able to solve problems — but none of this really requires critical thinking.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

So, with all the layoffs at Bethel, does that mean they're not accepting any new recruits? Bethel is no longer a goal for the young ones in the Congregations now?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Nowwhat?

it is not stupidity, it is emotional mind control. Emotions will trump intellect when they are stronger. This is why there are seeming genius level minds in the Org, it seems impossible to imagine. But if the emotional mind control is stronger, it will win.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    engineering programs....You need to be really good at math, memorize a lot of stuff and be able to solve problems — but none of this really requires critical thinking.

Lol, Rofl.

When you shine a light at a target in a room, the light permeates the room -not only the target.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It feels like 'working for Jehovah'.

So, you can not blame them. They don't know it's a business model.

G.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit